Tour of Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by RockyRoo, Oct 28, 2016.

1. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Haave you hit the 93 memorial yet and see the huge outlay of money being spent there by the feds? but we are short of money! in whose eyes?

bob

2. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

It really was a pretty impressive memorial, and was surprisingly busy. I was very impressed and very moved. It should be a required visit for everyone in this country to see the sacrifice those people made for our greater good. Had that plane made its target it's really hard to say what this country could look like today

3. RockyRoo

So we made it to French Creek this evening, and all I can say is there must be a better way to get to this park from the pike. That said, so far seems like a very nice park although I guess there never is a shortage of inconsiderate neighbors as they guy next door seems to have no issue with his dog hanging out on our site

4. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Your site was vacated about an hour ago, and the campers uphill are packing up as I type.

Attached Files:

5. RockyRoo

Gonna get quiet for the week. Is the boy and grand baby coming back to visit again next weekend? Would love to see how you have corrupted her when we have more time.

6. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Pa has some fantastic parks!!!

bob

7. RockyRoo

Had a great trip to the Philly, Lancaster, Gettysburgh, Hershey areas. The truck spent 2 days at a local dealer with DEF issues. Headed back to Laurel Hill for the night to visit with the Old geezer and his family and my daughter coming to visit from WV.

PopUpSteve likes this.
  8. JT2

JT2 Member

Bob and Rocky:
    Speaking as one who had two close friends on Fl. 93, I can tell you for sure that a lot of private money was raised towards completion of the Shanksville Memorial.
    /JT

9. RockyRoo

JT, doesn't matter to me honestly how it was raised, that was a Bob issue. I personally was very impressed and moved by it. I thought it was very well done and think everyone should experience it.

10. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Sorry i missed you Jay, thought about trying to ride put friday morning to laurel hill just to say hi, but time didnt work out too good, was off I 70 today for a dutch oven event , but still a good bit out of the way, i toorecently stopped at shanksville flight 93 memorial last weekend, first time i saw the new visiter center, nice place, but sad at the same time, hope to run into you sometime soon again at some point. John

11. RockyRoo

Hey John, yeah we are back at Laurel Hill tonight with John and Lisa, John said you were doing a Dutch oven event today. I was supposed to try to get together with Mike (Shemily) while out at French Creek but was having a lot of issues getting on the Portal out there. We are likely heading out early in the morning but now that I know what this place and Kooser are like and how close they are to Sam in Morgantown I suspect we will be coming back more often, it would be a great place to meet up with her at for the weekends on occasion and could certainly meet up with you and John and Lisa and anyone else that wanted to as well.

Let's try to get together over here next spring/summer.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  12. RockyRoo

I am not much of an execution person but I am an idea guy. If someone wanted to put together a get together at Laurel Hill we would likely be interested next year

13. Old_Geezer

Thanks for the Grand Design tour. Oh the humanity. Look at all the storage, and the shower, and the storage, and the room, and the storage, and the 12 cu ft double door fridge, and the storage, and the room, and the island, and the storage, and the sink, and the recliners,and the storage....it will fit around the tight turn in our rear alley and go right in our back yard physics/laws of nature non withstanding. I have been hearing that continuously since Saturday evening following the Grand tour. What was also said by someone was "just as long as you realize with this comes that" while pointing to a 3500 SRW Duramax lol. I think everything in our Rockwood and truck might fit in about 1/2 of your basement. Shes now also an authority on towing capacities.....my 2500 would pull it ok lol.

In the words of the king, "Thank you, thank you very much"!.....

I assume she thinks we have about 130K laying around Muhahahahahaha.

5-24 thru 6-3-18 already in books.
    7-12 thru 7-22-18 and 10-10 thru 10-21-18 will be going on books soon. Get reserving, I'll bring tools and have no reservations at all about whacking holes for additional windows and other things in your rig. I'm bored with my Rockwood and have run out of wall space for cutting holes.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  14. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

i organize a dutch oven event at laurel hill , third weekend in august every year , we could do a duel purpose rally

15. Old_Geezer

August falls on the calender sort of screwy in 2018 as far as what weekends are 3rd etc. The Laurel Hill Bluegrass Festival is scheduled for the 3rd weekend on 8-18/19-2018. That usually fills (reservations) at least all the hookup and electric sites early and if you wait until Jan/Feb they are usually gone.

16. Old_Geezer

They're not really all that nice as far as PA parks go, sort of bottom of the barrel if you know what I mean.......................................... I highly don't recommend them. LOL

17. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

my BAD, I ment to say the 3rd weekend in September. September 21-23 , getting my dates screwed up again, memory is not what it,s used to be... thats why i usually carry pen and paper... hehe... could hold a combo portal rally/ DOG..... dutch oven cooking not required, but encouraged, or for those wanting to learn how.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017