Towing Trailers is Dangerous

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by Dan from Troup, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

my problem is that I am too old - I grew up reading words, not emojis. If this emoji trend continues, we will lose the written language as we know it, and revert 100% to hieroglyphics

Attached Files:

Arruba and BillyMc like this.
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I can't belive you posted that anthony! Very offensive , the hieroglyphics. Do you know what you posted?

[:D][:D]:rolleyes:

3. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

I would have to find our guide, who had a Phd in Egyptology, and ask him. Photo was taken by me in Egypt.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I thibk its atually saying qash your hands after touching birds so you dont get the avion flu. Not sure but its a good guess! Nice picture hope it was a good trip, im assuming you left the a liner home.

5. Rose Anne Anderson

Rose Anne Anderson New Member

the passenger (or person who packs up the inside of the pup while other person does outside duty) should always do a final "walk around" just before takeoff.

6. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Nothing replaces the driver doing a thorough walk through. The driver is the one who will have to deal with any mistakes, so they are the one who should do the check and make sure everything is OK.

7. Rose Anne Anderson

good point. BUT in the case of the driver being the "accident prone / consistently less observant one in the group" then a fresh pair of eyes is always nice =)

8. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

I wouldn't let someone who is "accident prone / consistently less observant one in the group" drive. That person would be relegated to the back seat with their mouth shut. ;)

Over the years, I have had too many cases of someone stating "everything is good here" only to have it not be good at all. There are very few people I trust for stuff like that.

9. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

[LOL]

Toedtoes likes this.
  10. Rose Anne Anderson

yeah.... i've driven a few times in the past... but then i'm accused of "pulling his 'man card'" -- then arguing / pouting ensues... SO now i stay alert and hope to make up for any deficiencies. *sigh* point taken!! (actually never thought i'd be on THIS side of this argument! and to be frank: it took me 3 years of coaxing to give in on the hybrid TT purchase -- for THAT reason!) sheesh... pathetic, huh? (then 2 years in, i jumped at the perfect excuse to sell a "almost" brand new, very amazing, trailer! (he wanted to retire and we needed the cash from truck/trailer sale to pay off bills in preparation for said retirement)
    and yes. i know how much of a schmuck i sound like... to give in when i knew it wasn't safe.