Trailer Storage Security

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by generok, Apr 23, 2021.

1. generok

generok Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Would welcome a little brainstorming. I have an ATV/Snowmachine trailer that is about the same size as an 8' box PUP. This year I am keeping my winter TT storage space all season since it's a good spot. So, I want to put my ATV trailer in my TT spot since at home, it ends up trapped behind the TT when the TT is in its spot.

I'll get a hitch lock for it, but I trying to figure out a way to secure it, or at least deter it rolling off behind someone else. There's NOTHING to chain it to, it's simply a gravel lot with lines painted down. I thought about taking off a wheel, but technically, that violates the rules of the place (all vehicles need to be road worthy and NO MAINTENANCE). The lot is secured, and is located on an Air Force Base, so it's not like the general public is going to scope it out. But, temptation and all...

Any thoughts?

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

generok likes this.
  3. generok

I don't know why I didn't think about one of those! Easy and fairly inexpensive. Thanks!

neighbormike and kitphantom like this.
  4. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Wrap the safety chains around the tongue and padlock them so that they cannot be used to pull the trailer.

generok likes this.
  5. generok

Now that I would have never of thought of, but it is a real security soft spot in light trailers of this type!