Trash

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by Grandpa Don, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

I found another mess at a camping site in the Golar Heights Iron canyon area. I made a video of the area. This one will make you sick!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

That is just ridiculous...People have no respect!!...Nice side arm BTW...Luv to see you exercising your right to bear arms[:D]

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. Grandpa Don

I'm sure there are some fine people living in the Los Angeles area. But these campers certainly did not fit in that category. The reason I pretty sure that they came from the Los Angeles area is because there were plastic grocery bags scattered around the area that had the name of a small grocery store chain in that area on them. Plus, the 35 or so water bottle came from a Ralphs Grocery store. There are no Ralphs stores within 130 miles of this location. Most of them are in the Los Angeles area.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

At least it gives you something to do. I would also clean up the area.

5. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

I just can’t believe we need to start the whole anti littering this over. It’s 2020. I’m finding trash and human waste in very remote areas of wyoming. Just not enough folks for enforcement. Trying to educate these folks is a waste. Does anyone really think it’s ok to litter? Heavy fines are the only solution

kitphantom likes this.
  6. Grandpa Don

I forgot I had that weapon showing there. There have been several mountain lion encounters around that area lately. I just wanted to play it safe.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  7. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that Don.

8. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Good job Don! I atually showed the video to my 8 yo daughter to show her what people should do when the camp. Addtionally it shows your selfless actions. Hats off to you bud!

Grandpa Don likes this.
  9. Grandpa Don

Well, don't tell your daughter that I kept the 6 cans of unopened beer. I'm going to pass the beer through my Kidneys first, then discard it. They say that that is the best way to get rid of beer. I just want to do my part! LOL

Sjm9911 likes this.
  10. Etexcamper

Etexcamper Member

I run a campground and when they leave a mess like this it seems over half of the trash is alcohol related or from smoking.

gladecreekwy likes this.
  11. Kaytayqt

Kaytayqt Member

My kids have gotten so upset with the amount of trash around when walking in parks in our area we actually started a trash team. We meet on Tuesday's, have bought a collection of trash pickers from Amazon and Harbor Freight, grab a couple buckets/plastic grocery bags and pick up what we find. The kids feel like they make a difference and the parks look better for everyone. This week we actually walked the train tracks to clean those up since we can see them from the road. I think the pickers will come with us on the next camp trip, just in case!
    Oh, and we've decided to call them cigarette filters instead of cigarette butts. It keeps the squad of kids we now have from making too many fart or butt jokes[LOL]

Sjm9911 likes this.
  12. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Nice to see that but I suggest you don't walk the railroad tracks. They are private property and may also be under homeland security.

13. Kaytayqt

Kaytayqt Member

Yowsa not good. Well, the intention was good. We only picked up true trash (broken glass, plastic cups, wrappers) and left railroad spikes, bolts, washers, etc. Right where we saw them. I&O RR repaired the tracks last year and left ties, spikes, e.t.c everywhere. We knew not to touch those

14. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

A man near me was walking his dog on the tracks when RR police issued him a summons and he had to appear in court. He pleaded guilty to the charge. The judge said he didn't hear the plea but to think carefully before he answers because the fine is a minimum of $10,000 under homeland security.