Trouble with Fleetwood Evolution Furnace

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by hakrjak, Aug 23, 2011.

1. hakrjak

hakrjak Member

What's a good replacement thermostat people are using for these? I hear you just need one that is battery powered that runs on 2 wires? Please posts links to ones you've used, etc if you have any reco's.

Cheers,

-Hakrjak

2. JETent

JETent JT

Hakrjak/All-

Will keep you posted on my status/progress. Had to put my toy...errrr..pop up away for a couple of weeks. Will resume the furnace project on the flipside. Currently, my next step will be to remove the thermostat from the plastic mounting "plate(?)", and bypass the thermostat. Based on feedback, if the circuit is good, the furnace blower should kick on. Based on feedback and gut, I suspect that the thermostat is bad. Could be wrong.

....stay tuned.

As always, thanks for the help and happy popuping.

Later,
    JT

3. teejaywhy

teejaywhy Active Member

While the end result is the same (no heat), JETent's problem is very different than yours.

4. bobber128

bobber128 Member

Not accurate..... If the sail switch is not making contact, the fan will continue to blow, without the ignitor lighting. The Sail switch indicates when it is time for the gas regulator to start spraying gas and the ignitor to start sparking.

Did you pull off the cover and make sure the reset switch was in the on position? If it is, try turning it off, turning off the thermostat, waiting a few minutes, then turn on the reset switch, turn on the thermostat, and see if that does it.... If not, get yourself a voltmeter and start checking currents....

5. hakrjak

hakrjak Member

Reporting back that I finally got around to fixing my furnace! It was a faulty thermostat and as soon as I installed the new one, it fired right up! Wonder why they can't make a water heater that self ignites and runs as reliably as one of these furnaces? Didn't expect it to work so well.

6. Shuswap

Shuswap New Member

x2 the location of this switch is a design engineers joke on us all

7. JETent

JETent JT

PUP-

Thought I had closed out on this thread. The issue turned out to be the Atwood thermostat. The thermostat was broken and was not making the proper connection to engage the furnace. I purchased a replacement thermostat, hooked it up and the furnace operates wonderfully.

A belated thanks for all of the great support from the PUP family.

Later,
    JT