Trying to purchase..

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by MORRAMA, Aug 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

It is nice to get away from all the electronics, all we have is the radio and good conversation.

MORRAMA likes this.
  2. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

Take it slow - every single part of the process - until you get comfortable with it. For safety's sake, spend a good amount of time with the dealer going through the hitching process. Remember (especially if you've never towed anything before) that the camper will track inside the turns of your tow vehicle - make nice wide turns on the ride home, and practice backing up often. Make sure you've got insurance in place before you hook up to your tow vehicle (laws may vary by state - I made sure I had written proof of insurance before I even went to pick my camper up).

As for the camper itself, someone else correct me if I'm wrong here, but one of the hardest (and most expensive) parts of the camper to replace is the canvas, so go easy when you're setting it up and taking it down - it's easy to get excited, get in a hurry, and make a costly mistake.

Most importantly though, have fun! Very definitely do a few Camp Driveway outings, and post some pics!

MORRAMA likes this.
  3. FLJeepChick

FLJeepChick New Member

Hope you are enjoying your camper. I bought this exact model (2108) last month and love it. It is my first camper ever as well. Would love to know what you have learned in owning it as I have not found many other people that own that same one. Took it on a weekend trip 2 weeks ago. It is awesome!