Turner Falls, Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by Yar, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Yar

Yar Garland, TX

Wife and I are planning on doing Turner Falls next week. I'm sure that there are folks here that can give us some information about it. Things like what to do there, available hookups, bike riding, hiking and anything of interest. We will be camping during the week and leaving by Saturday. Hopefully there won't any large crowds to prevent us from getting a spot. Any input will be appreciated.

thanks... Ed

2. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

If it were me I would go to the other side of I-35 and camp at Chickasaw National Recreation Area ( http://www.nps.gov/chic/ ). It is a much nicer park and just a short drive to Turner Falls (maybe 20 minutes). Turner Falls rates are kinda high to me.
    [​IMG]

There is so much more to do and see at the CNRA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't get me wrong Turner Falls is beautiful.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but I would rather stay at the Chickasaw NRA!!

3. Yar

Yar Garland, TX

Thanks for the information and advise. Being that I have never camped in OK before I really didn't know anything about it. I did research for both areas and have decided to go with CNRA.

4. Beerlifter

Glad I could be of help. Hopefully by next spring Oklahoma's online reservations should be up and running and getting a spot won't be such a gamble....lets keep our fingers crossed!!!!

5. Pops64

Pops64 Member

Our family made a day trip to Turner Falls last year. It is fun and the water is nice and cool all summer long. But I think you'll get bored after a day or two. There's not anything else to do except swim. And yes, the weekends get really crowded.

Chickasaw NRA looks nice. I didn't realize that was so close. I'm putting CNRA on my list.

6. Beerlifter

Buckhorn loop at CNRA ca now be reserved !!! Here is the link to Oklahoma's campground reservations page:
    http://www.bootsnall.com/camping/North-America-USA-Oklahoma.html

There are also some campgrounds @ Texoma lake that can now be reserved!!