Turtle Run CG Wading River NJ

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by eoleson1, Jul 11, 2014.

1. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Let me start by saying the name is misleading. Over the entire weekend I never once saw any turtles running in the cg.

Glad I got that off my chest. We stayed here over the fourth of July. We wanted to be within driving distance of the coast, but waited until the week of the fourth to make reservations. After calling around, DW found this place. They had one site left. The site we had was quite small (maybe why it was still left?), but most of the sites were quite roomy. The ground is mostly sand, which worked out quite well for us since Hurricane Arthur came through overnight Thurs/Fri morning (*scratches 'camp thru hurricane' of bucket list). Even though we had tons of rain, the puddle disappeared quickly. Seemed like about half of the sites were seasonals. We didn't spend a lot of time there - mostly headed to the shore to hang out - but they did have a pretty nice pool. The price was quite reasonable. We paid $36/nt with water, elec, and cable (although we had no tv). Very friendly folks. Good experience. I'd go back.