Tuttle Creek State Park

Discussion in 'Kansas' started by Wandering Roo, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Wandering Roo

Wandering Roo New Member

Spent the weekend camping at the Rocky Ford loop of Tuttle Creek State Park. I would highly recommend this campground, it is shaded and on the waterfront. Its smaller camping section compared to the rest of Tuttle Creeks camping loops but it is also more private. There are clean restrooms and showers as well as a dump station in this section of the park. There are also two hiking trails that lead from this campground. The campsites have room to park two vehicles as well as having picnic benches and a fire ring. We liked it so much we are going again next weekend.

Attached Files:

2. Wandering Roo

Wandering Roo New Member

Here are some more pictures of the campsite and the path leading to the lake from our site.

Attached Files:

3. imnoexpert

imnoexpert New Member

Thanks for posting pictures of this camping loop, since it's newer there's not a lot of pics available. Do you happen to remember your campsite #. I just reserved site 144, which I think is on the end. Looks wonderful, happy trails!

4. Wandering Roo

Wandering Roo New Member

We were in site 144. It is the best site for it is at the end of the row, there is a good space between this site and the one before it and it is so filled in with trees you will not see anyone there even if it is being used. The other side is just forest so you really feel secluded.

5. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Cool photos. I'm not sure how I missed this when you first posted, but the headline caught my attention. I grew up in Manhattan and spent a lot of time at Tuttle Creek. We're in Kansas City now and I keep thinking we need to plan a weekend at Tuttle Creek but just haven't got it done yet. [:)C]