TV/DVD Mod

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by Whiskeyme, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Whiskeyme

Whiskeyme Virginia Beach, Virginia

Well for Christmas we received a 10.2" under-cabnet digital lcd tv/dvd/cd player (with am, fm radio)...It is pretty sweet but I all ready had a tv/computer in the kitchen.....Hmmmm........ so then I got a $25 Lowes card.....Hmmmmmm.....Pop up camper tv mod....Yes.... [MOD]
    This is what I came up with. :tongue:
    (not in camper yet, so the top pole represents the center bed pole)

[​IMG]
    Its only about 6 lb's so I am not worried about it bending the support ( I have hung more on them before)

[​IMG]
    Flag pole holder screwed to scrap paneling with grey curved pvc and a pvc T... the metal piece on the panaling holds the remote (magnets)

[​IMG]
    The spacers are rubber wine corks cut in half so I could screw the flag pole holder down and I can store the am/fm ant. there.

[​IMG]
    Tension screw for pole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Packed away.

[​IMG]

2. jmackeral

jmackeral Happy Camper in Northern MN

Wow that's impressive! I need one [:)C]

3. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

Now that's just downright neat! Excellent job! The ingenuity shown on The Portal never ceases to amaze me. I can't help but think that some of you really need to patent your ideas and market them - especially this one!

4. Engauge

Engauge New Member

Nice setup. Looks like you have too much time on your hands. Have you given any thought to antenna wiring. Looks like you could put some quick connects on an antenna wire and feed it right through the support tube.

The only thing you need now is cup holder close by to hold your beer while you take in the game.

Enjoy

5. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

That is a sweet setup. We got a 15" flatscreen with DVD player before Christmas. It is free standing and does not take up a lot o space, but I would love to hang it somehow. Will have to take a closer look at your set up and see if I can adapt. Good Job :)

6. fuzzyz71

fuzzyz71 New Member

OK, now that's just cool. Great idea to hang it from the bed pole.....

7. br9

br9 Member

That really is a cool idea.

8. jmcclung11

jmcclung11 Active Member

Nice! I always wanted to buy one of those and mount it to my roof. BUT, I don't like the roof idea because 1) It is extra holes in the roof and 2) then I couldn't take it out easily.

Now, if I can find an inexpensive tv/dvd player, I am going to steal this idea! Thanks!

9. Whiskeyme

[:D] Thank You for all your comments, and for the wiring I will bring some extra materials to add to the mod...I will make it quik release so it will go bed to bed and out side (NASCAR)witnin a few min's..... Will test it out next month if we go up to Newport News Campground( Va.) for a much needed trip.. [CP]

10. jmcclung11

jmcclung11 Active Member

so you mean Newport News has a campground? I grew up in Va Beach and I don't think that I would camp in Newport News. I guess it could be way way on the outside? I don't get to camp when I go back to Va Beach because my parents always want us to stay there with them so they can spend more time with their grandkids.

11. Whiskeyme

[LOL] Yes there is a campground in Newport News.. I have not camped there yet, but when I was a park ranger in Hampton I went there once and a while. It is really Nice. It is out of the way from the city part, wooded and a nice lake (or two)...Will take pics if we go...

12. Fonedude

Fonedude New Member

Mod looks cool to me. Good job!

13. Indy-Sedona

Indy-Sedona 2001 Sedona

I like your mod! A couple of months ago I purchased a 15" LCD with the built in DVD for the pup. I used a large laptop computer padded travel bag or soft suitcase thing to store it in. Fits perfectly in the bag. But I like your idea of not having the thing take up counter space while being used in the pup. Now, time for me to expand on your design and make it all fit back into the laptop bag.

14. Whiskeyme

took a pic of it inside the camper.....Works great...and sides up and down the pole....

[​IMG]

15. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

excellent MOD !!!

I like that you made it versatile too... say hanging from the awning pole outside, or from a screen tent pole. heck you could even mount it vertically it seems with the flag swivel...

16. Whiskeyme

Thank you 01YZF6... yes it fit outside on the canopy poles and bed suports with no extra stress....great for sports at nignt or any other time...