TV Hookup help

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Popup Winger, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Popup Winger

Popup Winger Member

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Williamsburg popup and would like to know how and what is required to hook up to cable tv at a campground we are headed too this coming weekend. There is a cone shaped piece on the ceiling above the dinet with a quarter inch jack input. I am assuming for that is for tv hook up is that correct and how do I utilize using it?

2. seldomseen380

seldomseen380 Active Member

Pictures would be good...
    The 1/4" jack you mention sounds more like the power point for an overhead light / fan assy.
    TV coax will have a threaded nub with a small hole in the center, to screw the length of coax cable from the campground post to the pop up. If it is there at all, it would be by the city water attachment, or the power cord receptacle, usually on the "curb side" of the trailer. Then on the inside, you would look for a similar "nub" to screw the coax from your television to the trailer.
    My motor home has those hook-ups, but no pop-up trailer I have owned has them. I have just run a longer length of coax cable, through a seam where the tent and trailer meet, from the tv to the post.

1380ken, myride and Rusty2192 like this.
  3. myride

myride Well-Known Member

My Coleman has the hookup outside by the power cord, and inside beside the converter.....looks just like your coax connection at home....threaded stem with a hole in center..

4. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

What you are referring to is the power for a small fan and light. They plug into the 1/4" jack and it supplies the power for a fan that hooks to your Sheppard pole.
    As for TV. You should have a coax plug just like home. One on the outside. One on the Inside. If you dont have that then you dont have cable hook ups. Just bring a long coax cable and sneak it through the canvas.

5. Popup Winger

Popup Winger Member

Yep, that makes sense. Popup is down for now and won't be set up until Friday, don't have a Tv hookup outside. But upon setting up I will look there by the inverter, good possibility it is there
    Thanks for the replies.

6. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Carry a 25 ft piece if coax on your trip. You can run from their hookup directly to your tv

J Starsky likes this.
  7. Popup Winger

Popup Winger Member

Yep, I have about 25-30ft of coax I'm taking with me. Should be plenty but just in case, I have another 6' piece I can add in order to reach farther.

J Starsky likes this.
  8. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

Run thru the canvas straight to your television - way easy that way!

xxxapache and Popup Winger like this.
  9. Popup Winger

Popup Winger Member

Ok next issue I have to deal with is previous owners never used toilet or shower in my popup. And ceiling section over toilet and shower we're replaced due to a leak at some point. Therefore there is no way to hang a shower curtain, we tried industrial strength Velcro and the square frame for the curtain but it won't stay up. One little bump and it comes down. Can I safely screw anything into the ceiling in order to try and secure it?