TV interior

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by golfnate07, Aug 19, 2011.

1. golfnate07

golfnate07 Love 2 Camp

Good morning all, I am just starting out with my pup which is about 2 months old now. Now over to the question, is there anyone out there that has interior photos of their tow vehicle and how they tow their pup? IE. break controller, gps, storage, food and drink placement, and all this concerning distance you tow?

Thanks in advance!

2. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

We haven't camped yet with our NTU pup, but here is a old picture from tent camping...
    [​IMG]
    You have to pack light with a 2 door Jeep [:D]

two adults, two kids, two door wrangler!
    [​IMG]

3. golfnate07

golfnate07 Love 2 Camp

Wow, that looks quite full. Is that food, coolers, and all tents, sleeping bags, and clothes? I would assume this is for two adults and maybe a child? no?

Thanks!

4. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

I think that trip we had coolers on the rack??

This was out first camping trip ever with the kids, we stayed at a cabin at Cowan's Gap, so no tent... not an interior pic, but it shows how the roof rack really helps.

[​IMG]

I'll take some pictures of our 1st trip with the pup and jeep next week on our maiden voyage :)

5. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Depending on weight issues, you should be able to keep most of that gear in the pup. If my memory doesn't fail me, you have a 2000lb tow capacity so weight is an issue. Our gps cost $7 and sits next to the passenger. We like to call it an atlas. Brake controller under the dash between my knee and gas pedal. Everything else except for the three kids goes in the pup. We keep a few snacks (depending on distance) back there with the kids and the drinks go in the cup holders.

6. golfnate07

golfnate07 Love 2 Camp

My '88 Coleman has a dry weight of 995 lbs. How close could I get to the 2,000 lb limit? Pulling with a truck, and at level position, would gas mileage and stress to the truck be the only thing I should worry about?

7. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

You are going to have to look in the manual and see what the GVW is and do the math. Without knowing what type of truck its hard to say but as a blanket statement I would think the truck would have no problem. There are a lot of towing posts on here. Maybe one of them will be better suited to describe the math involved in figuring out your weights. Either way, be safe and have fun in the pup.

8. dgeddes

dgeddes Member

LOL I love the Cruiser boxes...I thought we were the only ones that did that. [;)]

9. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Don't know if this counts or not, but we don't put anything inside but us and the dogs, everything goes in the camper or in Penelope's (the truck, lol) bed.

[​IMG]

10. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

[LOL] [LOL] Reduce, Reuse, Recycle... happily our boys have been out of diapers for several years now [:D]