TV mount for 233S

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by cfmx, May 27, 2014.

1. cfmx

cfmx New Member

Anyone know what tv mount I can use for the rear beds in the 233S? I'm thinking about mounting a small tv there. Also do you know if we can run the dvd to both tvs (in back near bed and stardard tv above stove)?
    Thanks!!!

2. cma7777

cma7777 Member

We did this in our popup. We had a twenty inch tv in the front and back bunk. They sat on a wooden shelf at the foot of each bed that was tall enough that you could get your feet under but short enough you could put the tv on without it touching the canvas top. I found a hdmi switch/splitter on eBay that worked well. I was able to connect the portable satellite/receiver and a dvd player to it and run it to both tvs. We could watch the same show on both tvs just like you can do at the tv section at Wal-Mart. Now that we sold the pup and have a hybrid I am looking for another hdmi switch/splitter so I can have three tvs running from the same source. If find a permanent way to mount your tvs in the bunk areas, please post. I would like to do the same. Putting up the shelves is not a big deal for me but it would be nice to have the tvs already set up.

3. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Honestly I have not tried it but there is a sticker on my wall showing where it is supposed to be reinforced for a mount. I would think any mount for a smaller tv should work. As for the DVD, for some reason I think that location is only wired for antenna reception.

4. cfmx

cfmx New Member

We have 2 coax cable outlets on side of the fridge.
    Ok. No one thinks we need a special mount.

5. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

I would have to look at mine again. One is likely antenna and one is likely satellite/cable. I highly doubt you have dvd going back there as it is a special feed to my tv over the stove directly out of the player to the input on the tv.

6. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

You need a 3 direction articulating mount.....that way if your set up a little out of level you can spin the screen. Without one can be annoying. They will have either wood blocking or 20 gauge sheet metal behind the panel for mounting. Do not take for granted the system is " satellite ready" as its not. You have to do some rewiring to be satellite ready.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

7. Loraura

Loraura New Member

We got a swivel/articulating tv stand that locks in place during travel. It has a pin on a chain you pull down to release it. I really like it. I'll see if I can find a link for you.