Twin Tamarack family campground

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by jeeper2007, Aug 11, 2012.

1. jeeper2007

jeeper2007 New Member

Wanted to post up a little something of this campground. After we got washed out of our stay at another campground the night before, had to put up at a motel for th first night we called a lot of campgrounds and finally found something ( twin Tamarack) so far so happy. I called in the morning to ask if at all possible we check in early to our sites, they said yes and upon hearing of the disastrous night we had before they waved the half day fee of checking in early. We had a little trouble finding our sites, we picked of course the hardest site to find but love it. It's at end of road on a little brook. Lots of room for my DS to run and play. Went to pool. It was nice. Clean. A little cold but great once in. Was a cool day today anyway. Site has a awesome fire pit built into the rocks the store has your very basics but the owners are th nicest people ever. We had a little injury and they gave a box of bandages they had under the counter. Not even for sale. After we were patched up I took a ride to the store to replace what we used. They said w didn't need too but if ever needed again they will be ready. Shower was clean and hot. It's been raining on and off most of the afternoon but our site has no standing water. Love it. Pet friendly. Will try for some more pictures for tomorrow but just this so far
    [​IMG]

2. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

nice site !

I miss the new england camping so much !

3. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member

Nice site & very nice Jeep [A]

When you say washed out what do you mean exactly?

4. jeeper2007

jeeper2007 New Member

Well at jellystone we had got completely set up, and by what were told the state declared a flash flood warning for the area. The park staff had to evacuate all the lowest lying sites closest to the river. I can't fault them at all but it was really no fun packing back up in pouring rain after I had just unpacked in pouring rain

Today was a good day we took a ride to the ruggles mine in NH. Hey cool, my wife even had fun smashing rocks looking for gems, if anyone goes, bring your own bucket and hammer maybe a small gardening rake to sift through dirt and rocks.
    [​IMG]
    Got back to camp and was looking at clouds. Oh no
    [​IMG]
    After a hour or so of more of this
    [​IMG]
    It cam down in buckets and got really windy. Was a little nervous in popup. It turned out to be a great night of BBQ chicken, ribs and a few s'mores Great way to me our last day.
    Oh and our little brook turned into a raging river
    [​IMG]

5. jdevine14

jdevine14 New Member

At least they didn't evacuate you as well!

6. jeeper2007

jeeper2007 New Member

It was close, brook swelled up about a foot. Pretty sure I was going to be alright with my almost 20 inch high popup ground clearance. Now my inlaws on the other hand with he 85 Coleman Columbia ( that has a spring over already done and still only sits about 6 inches off ground) I was worried for. Ha☔