Two week trip in bear country

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by Mtlangst, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Mtlangst

Mtlangst Member

So does the shelf-stable milk taste the same as real milk? We have a 1 1/2 yr old who drinks milk in bottles.
    That would be nice to be able to keep milk out of the cooler until needed to chill it. Milk jugs take up alot of space.

2. Tulip

Tulip Active Member

That's hard to say. I don't drink milk straight. It's just for cereal when we are camping. I don't notice a difference but I am also in Canada so I don't know if it's difference with US brands. It's better cold - we throw it in the water jug the night before.
    I'd give it a try.

3. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Active Member

I use a Coleman extreme 100 qt cooler. It is big enough for the stuff and then the additional dry ice I fill it with at the start of the trip. We have been using this cooler for at least 8 years. It works well for a larger family like ours and for travel it happens to go in the pup and sits right in front of the fridge on the floor - we can open the door with the pup down, so it is one of the last things we load and first things we take out and if we stop for groceries, we can access it quite easily.