TX- Anyone going to Lake Mineral Wells this weekend?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by wardog, May 21, 2009.

1. wardog

wardog Member

I have seen by some of the posts there are several of you living in the North Texas area and was wondering if anyone is camping at Lake Mineral Wells SP this weekend for Memorial Day? I have not been to a rally yet and can't make the Texas one this year. I look forward to meeting other PUP members.

Happy camping. [CP]

2. acewhips

acewhips New Member

Going there June 19-21. If you haven't been it's a great park. Roads are recently renovated and very nice and smooth, like most sites we've seen. They have a sand beach, boats for rental, fishing docks all around the lake, an interesting wildlife observation "tower", and really cool hiking at Penitentiary Hollow. 60ft cliffs that can also be climbed/rappelled if you have the gear. Site 14 has one of the fishing docks directly behind it, after about a 30 walk through heavy woods to the edge of the lake. Lots of hills and vistas you don't normally see in N. TX. Awesome park!

3. Poodle

Poodle New Member

We're going there soon, not sure of exact dates though. :)

4. Jeremygifford

Jeremygifford New Member

We'll be there 26-28 hopefully

5. hercman

hercman New Member

I'm going this weekend.

6. br9

br9 Member

The wife and I go out there about once a month. Day trips. Sites are kind of close to each other. Very nice lake and store. Wife really likes it there.

7. wardog

wardog Member

We like it there too. It's only about an hour from our house which makes it the closest SP. I was there just a couple of weeks ago to hike and am planning on going again on Sunday. Hercman maybe I'll see you there.