TX-Buescher State Park

Discussion in 'Texas' started by txtoast, Jul 10, 2011.

1. txtoast

txtoast New Member

We camped at Buescher Park (pronounced bisher) for the July 4th weekend and it was a nice park. The rangers were very friendly and the restrooms were in good shape and are cleaned daily. The sites are nice but some have very small places for your camper to park. The park was not full because it was hotter then Hades. Buescher is the sister park to Bastrop State Park and they are connected by a 12 mile scenic road. For the Geocachers out there the park has several park sponsored caches and a Harry Potter themed cache hunt on a 4 mile hiking trail. There were lots of deer around and every evening about 5:30 they were feeding in a field near the camp area. Several had fawns and one had a set of twins. I really enjoyed my stay here and will be going back once it cools off.

2. Turn Key

Turn Key New Member

Sooo, your headed back about mid November, right [:D] [:D] [:D] [!]

Happy Camping (but, dang, its HOT [SUN] [SUN] [SUN])!

3. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

try Florida! [8D]

4. MarkS

MarkS New Member

Yeah Buescher is great. We've stayed there a few times. We prefer it to Bastrop just because its usually a little quieter and much less crowded.

Agree with you on the heat. We've been wussies this year. We stopped camping pretty early in the year cause of the heat and won't start again until probably late October. It's no fun when its just too hot to be outside at all for most of the day. I might enjoy it more with a hard-side RV, but either way, I'm still sitting inside most of the day.

PS...next time you're in the area, head to Maxine's in downtown Bastrop for a great country breakfast!

5. Turn Key

Turn Key New Member

Don't bet on it. Hot's hot no matter where you are and being cooped up in a hard-side all day to avoid the heat gets old fast. I'll wait for the temps to fall.

Happy Camping!

6. jjjandrbaker

jjjandrbaker New Member

I have been taking trips almost every week all summer (teacher). Been to Lost Maples, Guadalupe River, Bastrop, and Lake Buchanan. The heat has been bad, but my AC keeps the popup bearable during the day if i stay up on a bunk with it blowing on me. Usually out and about til evening.

Going to Palmetto next week and The Koyote Ranch in Bandera the week after that.