Tx Huntsville State

Discussion in 'Texas' started by luv2camp0314, Jul 18, 2010.

1. luv2camp0314

luv2camp0314 New Member

Hi,

We went to Huntsville State Park this weekend, the camping area is very nice and quiet. The swimming and day use area was totally packed,a nice park but the best time to go is during the week if you want to use the swimming area. Most all areas in Coloneh camping area is shaded. The sites that are in the prairie branch area are a little to close together for me. Also they have two great fishing piers for day or night fishing also some great trails. :)

2. bike_addict

bike_addict New Member

They have some really good mountain bike trails too. If you liked that park, you should try Double Lake Rec. Area which is in Coldsprings, Tx not very far away. Real nice camp area too.

3. MrsPoleCat

MrsPoleCat New Member

I went to Huntsville as a kid and tent camped. I do remember it being shady, and the nice trails. My DH and I are actually going to take the pup to Huntsville this weekend. This will be our first camping trip with no kids (they will be at grandma's) Anyone else planning on being there this weekend August 13-15?