TX - Inks Lake State Park

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Texas_Laws, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Anybody going to be out at Inks Lake State Park this coming weekend? (June 11 - 14)

2. srds

srds Freeport,Texas

We will be at Inks at the end of June,love that place [CP]

3. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Hey Leslie & Richard :)

Hope the trip was good, did you guys bring the jet ski ?

We will be back at Inks Lake for the Rally in October, 2 wks ago we went to Lost Maples SP and this weekend we are going to Palmetto SP for the (International) Rally.

4. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Would love to be camping. We're parked until July 4th weekend because Steve and Trent are going to boy scout camp next week. For some reason Steve doesn't want me to pull the camper with his truck. Grrr!! It's not like it can be that hard! Hope you had a great time at Inks!

5. bradnailer

bradnailer New Member

Rally at Inks in October? Which weekend?

6. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

I'm headed that direction the week of Labor Day. Going to Lackland AFB to see my daughter graduate. Not sure where to stay...Inks or Guadeloupe River SP. Never been to either. Really just looking for something close to the AFB to make the easy commute. Been told that Guadeloupe is closer but haven't checked miles yet..............any suggestions?

TIA

7. bradnailer

bradnailer New Member

One of our favorite places to stay down that was is Lady Bird Johnson park in Fredericksburg. But it's an hour from San Antonio.

8. samtgrizz

samtgrizz New Member

Guadeloupe would be closer to Lackland by almost an hour. You might want to go there for the graduation and then go on to Inks Lake.

9. huizarr

huizarr Member

I agree with samtgrizz Guadalupe River State Park is significantly closer to Lackland. It is about 47 miles from Lackland. The Inks Lake State Park is about 115 miles away.

10. Runamuck

Runamuck New Member

Its been over a decade since we stayed at Inks Lake. I remember the swimming was awesome (as was jumping off the cliff into the water below) but those darn spiny seed pod things were EVERYWHERE. My poor dog AND my poor feet!

This was our first and only North Texas Pop Up campers club outing, however. I bought an AC brace thing from some member that I still have on my 2000 Coleman Utah to this day...saved the shroud from getting cracked all these years.