TX Possum Kingdom State Park, Looks Like a Rapid Return!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Turn Key, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Turn Key

Turn Key New Member

Well, it looks like PK will be "on line" again pretty quick. As I was thinking, it seems some of the damage will actually be to the park's benefit. At any rate, I'm glad that none were hurt and things will get back to normal soon

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/releases/?req=20110429a

Happy Camping!

2. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

Believe it or not being an Oklahoma resident my whole life I spent a lot of nites at PK. One of my high school buddies Aunt's had a cabin down there that we would visit on the weekends. As high school kids you can imagine what went on!!!

Glad to hear it will be making a quick come back!

3. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

This is great news. When I saw on the news that 90% of the park burned, I thought that is was gone for good.

4. Bjune

Bjune New Member

[PU] [TV] :)So glad PK is up and going again. We are headed to Ft. Parker in a couple of weeks. Ready to get our summer camping on the road. Grandkids can't go this trip. It is my birthday trip. Next 20 trips are for the kids. This one is MINE... Have good camping summer everyone..

5. bob814u

bob814u New Member

DW and I camped there a couple of months ago. Yes it has burned alot but they are working very hard to get it going again. We had to evacuate FAST as it started snowing/sleeting and it is 90 miles from home. The staff is GREAT there.