Until we meet again.

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by BillyMc, Jan 8, 2020.

1. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

My parents introduced me to camping as far back as I can remember. There are so many things that I am thankful for and my parents are up there on that list. We laid Dad to rest on my birthday in 2017 after he fought the good fight nearly 20 years past when the doctors said the end was coming. Two battles with cancer, two open heart surgeries, at least two strokes, and multiple back injuries take a toll on a person. Early in 2017 they found the cancer was back again, when ask about scheduling treatment Dad said there isn't going to be any. I held my Dad's arm as he took his last breath. I thought that was the hardest thing I would ever do, I was wrong! Shortly later I had to wake Mom and tell her, holding her as she cried ripped my heart out. January 3 my older brother called me at work about 7:00am, he works 2nd shift and is never up that early so I knew it wasn't good when I saw his name on my phone. Mom had just past. For the past year she still missed Dad, but she was happy and even went camping with my older brother October 2019. Today we laid her to rest. She finally no longer misses Dad, but we will miss them both until our time here is done.

Rey-Pop-UP likes this.
  2. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

My condolences. I lost my father the summer after I graduated high school. My mother lived 27 more years. I think she missed him dearly every day.

BillyMc likes this.
  3. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your losses. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

BillyMc likes this.
  4. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for your loss. Hopefully you can find some comfort knowing your parents are back together and no longer in pain.

BillyMc likes this.
  5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Sorry for your losses, Losing a family member is always a hard thing, but know in they are no longer in pain and are paving the way for you to eventually join them is something to consider.
    At age 77 I know that my expiration date is coming up eventually and I will see my parents and children that has passed before me and I do not really dwell on the thoughts of my passing as I have (and still intend) had a great run while here..

BillyMc likes this.
  6. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I'm so sorry for your losses. Prayers for peace for you and all your family.

BillyMc likes this.
  7. davekro

davekro Active Member

I am very sorry for your loss of your mom, still so close. Loosing loved ones so very close brings such a sadness. In 2017, that you were there with your dad was such a gift to you both. Sending a prayer of peacefullness, love and appreciation for the love that your mom & dad gifted to you and the rest of your family.

I lost a very dear friend and mentor seven days prior on 12/27. Even though he had been suffering and in decline from his battle with cancer, it was still a shock to hear he passed. I think of how fortunate I was to have him in my life. I was asked to say something about Chuck at our Sunday service. I spoke the day after hearing of his passing. The first day it did not feel real. But when I spoke about our dear friend's passing, I was taken by surprise that I choked up and had tears running down my face and had to stop and breath several times. I guess speaking it to the community of his many friends made it real for me. I take heart for the blessing that his wife and his children were with him when he passed. I can only hope to have that much love around me when I pass. Mourning is an individual process, and we can have glimpses of joy when we remember the love and bonds we shared, and have deep appreciation for them in our lives. They will always remain in our hearts as we remember their love and laughter. In that way, they will always be with us. Thank you for sharing with the community here. We are all a little more alive and connected because you did.
    Namasté

Lloyd B and BillyMc like this.
  8. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Thoughts and deep feelings go out to you and your family during this time of struggle.

BillyMc likes this.
  9. akriot

akriot Member

Offering up a prayer to ask peace for everyone in your family.

BillyMc likes this.
  10. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

My wife's dad passed in October, seven years after his wife. He pretty much spent that seven years yearning to be with her. They're together again, and so are your parents. That's the only comfort I can think to offer.

BillyMc likes this.
  11. Rey-Pop-UP

Rey-Pop-UP Member

Our deepest Condolences to you and your family.

BillyMc likes this.