1. rangerover

rangerover Member

Hi Guy's, set up camp driveway today, missed the great Spring weather here in Texas last month. Anyway, I have two problems.

Thetford potty not flushing, replaced the fuse, still not working. Pulled the pump, tried the impeller move and it is locked up. Hopefully I will get a new pump this week.

Other big problem, the cold water valve leaks on the shower/potty area. Pulled the knobs and valves out. One is missing an O ring. You guys think that is the problem?

2. rangerover

rangerover Member

No replies, but maybe this will help someone else. I changed the pump for the flush and it is fixed. Biggest problem is that the part number has been changed by Thetford.

As far as the shower leaking I bought a new faucet, too hard to access so I just used the new cartridge type valves and that corrected the leak.

3. E3 Junkie

E3 Junkie Greetings from Granada Hills, CA.

Did you find instructions somewhere as to how to swap out the pump. I was going to soak my pump impeller end in a spray of lime-a-way if I could get the pump out. Feel free to message me directly, as this thread is many months old.

4. vinmaker

vinmaker Member

I too had to do the pump impella test when I blew a fuse. Not too bad of a fix. Now every spring I pull I pump and try to spin the impella just to be sure.

Vin.

5. jman1200

jman1200 http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/jmanotas/

I read this thread with the Urgent! subject in the Port-a-potties / Toilet section and I thought someone was stuck in a toilet or had black water overflowing [:D] [:D] [:D]
    Rangerover, I'm glad you are safe and dry ! [:D] [:D] [:D]

6. aslag

aslag Pacific Northwest

My Thetford pump froze up and was blowing fuses a couple of years ago and I was able to free up the impeller, toilet worked fine for the rest of the summer. I figured it's life was about over so I purchased a new pump over the winter. At the start of last summer the toilet wouldn't flush again but the fuse was fine, pulled the pump and it was not frozen but hard to turn. I gave it a large dose of WD-40, let it soak and was able to easily get it spinning freely and again it worked fine for the rest of the summer. So this task is now on the preseason check list and the new pump is ready when needed.