20220629_074240.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220629_074300.jpg
    20220629_074300.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 12

ChiefHart

Apr 2, 2020
Staunton, Virginia
Is it possible to switch the existing outlets with USB outlets? We'd like to replace at least one inside and the outlet outside. I've replaced every outlet in our home (some with 2 USB ports, others are typical outlets) so I'm experienced with them, but are they different in a PUP? I can't tell when watching videos except that I may have to get a couple of gang boxes to get a deeper cavity for the new outlets. Appreciate any help you can offer.

Just in case it doesn't show up in my signature, we have a 2006 Fleetwood Niagra. Thanks!
I replaced my 20-A outlet in my PopUp with a 20-A plus two USB outlets, and I have had no problems with using it. It is my AC outlet and circuit.

JandKfromVA

Jun 3, 2022
Virginia USA
That is definitely a fall job in VA! (I'm such a weather wimp.)

We did the 12v/USB addon in ours. As far as we're concerned, Shore Power is for prechilling the fridge before you go and those AC outlets have no purpose. :p
Right?? I was out working in the pup tonight - there was a nice cross breeze coming in and I was still sweating (and swearing about how hot it was). We pretty much have a 'no screen' rule while we are vacationing but we do need to charge our blue tooth speakers. And mosquito repellant device. And maybe power the waffle maker. :)

Reactions: NLB

JandKfromVA

Jun 3, 2022
Virginia USA
We always camp in serviced sites. I had intentions to upgrade our outlets, but my wife picked up a set of these adapters?, not sure the proper name, from Costco, and they worked fine in our pup, and now in our travel trailer.
Came in a pack with one large and two of the small, I think now it is just a pack of two of the large ones.

This is perfect, thank you! I'll take a look - Costco is the most magical place on earth (according to my husband) and we are up there weekly. I think they'd call us to make sure we were OK if they didn't see us for a 10-day stretch. This would be a much better solution than changing the outlets.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
We have "power bars" with USB outlets in them, useful when we do have Shore Power. I've had the wall outlet style, but given where the 110 outlets are in the trailer, the bars are handier. One outlet is under the table, another near the ceiling on the side of the fridge niche (meant for a TV), another under the kitchenette cabinet, and on the back wall, in the nightstand cubby, so none are exactly well-placed for charging electronics as is.

Reactions: NLB