Useless Storage Area

Discussion in 'Cargo Carriers / Bike Racks / Other Storage Option' started by O'ville, Jul 31, 2019.

1. O'ville

O'ville Active Member

Im sure we have all had our moments of "how did I miss that" but yesterday my 12 year old son while we were washing the TV in the driveway says "hey Dad, what's this under the trailer" I walk over and under the door is a storage box that locks. Somehow after a few months of owning my pup I've never noticed this. I grabbed my keys that the PO gave me and sure enough one fit. I opened it up and inside was......... well, nothing. I've found this to be an odd spot for this under the door. I cant think of anything that I would find useful to store in there because once the step is down you lose access . Do any of you who have this storage box use it? what do you put in it?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. stlouielady

stlouielady Member

If it is right under the door (If so, I had something similar on my Cheyenne), I used it to store the crank handles for the top and the stabilizer jacks.

3. Milemaker13

Milemaker13 Active Member

Sounds like your step self stores? So thats not it... um... wheel chocks maybe?

4. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

I've got the same on mine. Previous owner stored the crank handles and a few wooden "pads" for the stabilizers as well as a few bubble levels. They also put a piece of carpet in there which seems to have retained water and caused the box to rust a bit. Better than having to crank up the roof a bit to open the door to reach any other storage!

5. eriefisher

eriefisher Member

No such thing as "useless storage". If there's somewhere to put something I put something there.

neighbormike and 1REDBEARD like this.
  6. O'ville

O'ville Active Member

I like the wheel chock and wooden pads idea. I put these in the front storage box now but sometimes they are quite dirty and I bag them. This might be a good place for that. In my front storage box there are clips that the crank snaps into so I will continue to use that for the crank. Wheel chocks and wooden pads are a things I only need when setting up and tearing down so that makes sense to me because once the step is down I lose access to the box.

7. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I have an extra extention cord in there. Its easy wnough to flip up the door and acess it if needed. Just remember to close the door , lol . When i bought my pup the door was in the camper!

O'ville likes this.
  8. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

I kept my electrical adapters and extension power cord in there. Never really needed them. Forgot about them. I just called the friend I sold the camper to years ago and he went out to check ..... they were still there . He didn't know about it and had the camper a couple of years now.