Using the rover roamer sky track

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by smarq, May 10, 2019.

1. smarq

smarq New Member

I have just recently purchased our first pup and my wife wants to take the dogs. I have been trying to research ways for them and me to have a good time. One is 110lbs and the other is 90lbs. I have looked into the rover roamer sky track system. Has anyone used this system? Just trying to figure out a way for them to have some freedoms and not get tangled up with each other or surrounding obstacles. Here is the website as well

https://www.roverroamer.com/skytrack.html

2. Kampus

Kampus Active Member

That's waaaaaay over priced.
    We made ours for about $20.

Heavy duty rope and 3 carabiners from the hardware store. We already had the chest harness and leash.

20180615_203306_resized.jpg

nineoaks2004 and neighbormike like this.
  3. Rover

Rover New Member

Many Rangers don’t allow ropes around trees so the anchor strap system wll at least keep authorities off your back when you’re camping. The sky track also comes with a line tensioner and a bungee segment plus several other hardware components like line tightening ratchets, bumpers, pulley, etc. It’s meant more for long-term use, backyard or front yard set-up and travel. I do agree that a rudimentary system can be set up with some cheap rope and some oval shaped carabiners using slipknots and wrapping the rope around trees. I’ve done it myself before the RoverRoamer sky track but if it’s ease of use, portability, regulation conformity, multiple dogs, redundancy and performance, high quality and durability that you want, then there’s a lot of value in the sky track.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  4. smarq

smarq New Member

I have been on the fence about purchasing the sky system. I really like how it has all the extras. I also worry about my dogs getting loose they are large and very strong dogs and I want to have them safe. It is hard to spend the money I agree Kampus that it is really expensive and why I decided to see peoples views on the system thank you Rover for your insight as well everything you said is why I am willing to spend the money

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I do like how it attaches to the trees in a way that won't damage them. The price tag however is way too high when I feel you can make your own for cheaper. I've sort of done something similar with carabeners and their dog leashes, and Paracord. I love the idea of stoppers though for multiple dogs. That was my biggest problem.

6. erich82

erich82 Active Member

Not allowed ropes around trees? Guess I've never heard of that one. How are you supposed to hang tarps, clothes, etc....?

7. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I think it has something to do with people damaging the tree and more often the case leaving the string tied onto the tree and not taking it off. Can't tell you how many strings I've cut off trees because lazy people don't want to bother taking the knot out. Rangers usually don't have a problem if you use a strap over an inch and with a clip or something like it to Anker to the tree. So once again idiots make it that much harder for the innocent people.

8. smarq

smarq New Member

That makes sense that it would be not allowed if things are left