VA-Douthat State Park

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by KJcachers, Mar 3, 2012.

1. KJcachers

KJcachers Active Member

Anybody have any feedback on the 3 different sections in this park? I know that there are no hookup at the lakeside loop but what about the other 2 White Oak and Whispering Pines? BTW, is Whispering Pines new or was it just fully booked last year when I was checking out the Park?

2. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

i think pines was being worked on last year. i havnt been there but its on my list.

3. KJcachers

KJcachers Active Member

we are headed there immediately after the PUP rally for 3 days and then down to North Bend on The Kerr Res after that to finish out the week! what a vacation this willl be!!!

4. bigdad

bigdad Well-Known Member

Me and the kids were there in 02 it a nice state park i think we were in White Oak and you have to cross a low water bridge there is a camp store and Restrunt and nice beach to make sure you have every thing you need there is no Walmart off the exit there is a gas station laundry mat. and you can rent boats or paddle boats the boats are flat bottom with a elec motor.

5. Pup4Waxes

Pup4Waxes New Member

This campground moved into the number 1 spot for us. We stayed in the White Oak loop. You can drive through and pick your own site. All the sites in this loop are big. Our site was huge. I drove through the lake front loop. Didn't care for it as much. There were some lake front sites which were nice but much closer together. The campground had good hiking and very nice lake with swimming and boat rentals. I don't recall how the Whispering Pines loop was but I definitely liked the White Oak loop the best. White Oak does have water and electric.

I can't seem to post a picture to save my life. If it works.... this is our site. I'm standing at about half way in from the road so there is equal distance back up to the street.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is down the back side of our site. Great for exploring.
    [​IMG]

Lake
    [​IMG]

Swimming area
    [​IMG]

6. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Well we will have to make a trip up there!!!!! looks very nice!!!

7. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Howdy Pup! What site was that you were on? Just curious! It looks like a great place and is only an hour from me!! I'm SOSOSO glad I looked at this, because if I had before, I sure forgot about it!!

Definitely going to have to watch that place once all this medical crap gets worked out. THANKS for the great photos!

[:D]

8. KJcachers

KJcachers Active Member

We're headed there directly after the spring rally! Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone4

9. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Hhhmmmmm......how far back must I follow you, so as not to be accused of stalking? [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

Actually, if the knee is done by then, and I can find a dog sitter, I might actually consider that! If not, there's always another weekend. [;)]

[:D]

10. KJcachers

KJcachers Active Member

I won't consider you a stalker unless you follow us to Fairy Stone after Douthat.... [LOL]

11. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Hhhmmmmm haven't made it there yet either! I stayed at Salt Branch a LOT last year though. I predict we shall see each other a few times this season!!;D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

12. KJcachers

KJcachers Active Member

13. LaTuFu

LaTuFu New Member

We stayed here this past weekend in the White Oak Loop. I haven't been there since I was a kid (back in those days, IIRC, only Lakeside and Beaverdam were there).

Kids had a blast, I enjoyed the awesome thunderstorm that passed through Friday night.

Probably one of my favorite SPs.