Vaccine

Discussion in 'The Woodshed' started by 1380ken, Mar 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Webber

Eric Webber Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

That is a very good option. I’ve just had my 7th shot of that type and I feel invincible!

tfalter likes this.
  2. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Read it on the net lol.

3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Which fake news, conspiracy theory website was that?

4. Old_Geezer

5. Mark CASTELLANI

Mark CASTELLANI Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

a thought on why this thread may be appropriate for this forum...

Last year, the NYS Parks dept. instituted a "COVID Ambassidor" position... it ws their JOB to go around the CGs and ensure that campers were masked and practicing "proper social distancing"....YIKES!!!

All last year [and up till a few weeks ago] I wore a mask that had the message enbolded "Worn by Force, NOT by Fear"

Camping... Outdoors... in the Sun... from what I read, is the SAFEST place to be against the virus... YEA to us Campers!!!

We did our "due diligence" and reserched the Vacine... it has YET to be approved by the FDA... it was, and is still, operating under an "Emergency Approval"... it is STILL classified as "Experimental"....I chose NOT to be their "test subject"... and, I have major comorbidites...I got infected and "recovered"... it was no worse, for me, than the common flu... people ARE dying from the vacine

But, that's what I've loved about the Good Ole USA... FREEDOM... freedom to make my own choices [and the willingness to suffer the consequences]... my imigrant parents suffered, a week+, ocean voyage, on a "Tramp Steamer" to become Americans [my father swore that the boat sank in NY Harbor... I think he was stretching the truth a wee bit]... I find THAT as a greater risk than catching the flu... I WON'T ever take an Ocean Voyage... it scares the daylight out of me and for that, I WON'T GO... that's MY CHOICE... everybody have choices...at least, for now... DON'T TREAD ON ME!

Bats have never been on our camping menu....as a "Camper", I'm more worried about ticks, bears, mountain lions and rattle snakes... I take precautions... I don't DEMAND that they be kept from my CG

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it

Happy Trails!

6. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

The convid vaccine was tested and way many to people have already died or got horribly sick from this latest pandemic. These viruses mutate in people who aren't vaccinated to make new versions. If you read history, lots of people in 1918 its a all a government hoax. What's new today?

7. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

How long before all the people who didnt get vaccinated will be whining because they go into a business or fly and are turned away because they have no proof of vaccination?
    Because that is coming and already being done Oregon.

8. Mark CASTELLANI

@firepit .... well, I for one, won't be "whining"... we've always told our kids that anything you can buy in store can be made at home...our parents taught us how to be self-sufficent... we plant, we grow and we can... growing up in the country teaches a person a lot... as for flying, well, that's where me & DW balance the universe... she's deathly afraid of flying [me, I LOVE it] but, she LOVES Ocean Cursies [her Parents took their kids on them when they were children]...

... Bring it on

Happy Trails!

Ladiesman likes this.
  9. Mark CASTELLANI

@Arlyn Aronson ... not trying to be adversarial but, ... ummm... tested?

From NIH's website... [yes, it's from January... read up on how long a NORMAL Test Cycle is before a drug is approved by the FDA]...

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih...rimental-coronavirus-vaccine-highly-effective
    [
    At a Glance
    • Clinical trial results showed that the investigational vaccine known as mRNA-1273 is 94.1% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19.
    • The findings suggest that the vaccine, which has now been FDA-approved for emergency use, [emphasis mine]is safe and effective.
    I'm not saying it's neferious... all I'm saying is take your OWN risk... that applies to EVERYTHING in life a person chooses to do... just be informed... Trust but Verify

I DO have a problem with anything forced upon me

Happy Trails!

Bowman3d and xxxapache like this.
  10. Mark CASTELLANI

Davey Crockett had something to say about where he was going....as for me. I'm going Camping...[and, just maybe, back to Texas [LOL] ]

Happy Trails!

11. tfalter

tfalter I MUST work, so I CAN play

YET.... but if you do grow a big toe out of your left butt cheek... please I beg of you... post a picture of it here first...

I will have another round of shots..... maybe some Jack this time...

12. tfalter

tfalter I MUST work, so I CAN play

The part that scares, and makes me snicker inside at the same time... All the statistics that people quote... the covid death numbers... yet I work in the medical field and hear all the parameds, Dr's and Nurses that talk about how their so skewed. Then on the other hand there are those that swear on the kids student loans that they are not... Who is right and who is wrong... I am past wanting to know or care... but I do know they can't both be right.

Then there are those that talk about the vaccine being so safe and proven and researched and next thing you know I talk to a immunologist at another clinic that says BS... I ask how he can think that and he talks about having some research for drug approval...

again they can't both be true... so alas... I count all the facts and make a decision...

But for all the pressure people that want to manipulate others... well... I'll just keep my thoughts in my head...

13. firepit

I dont pressure anyone ...if i thought i could not get the vaccine and go about normal i wouldnt have got it... also if i was younger i probably wouldnt have...If it turns out
    In 15 yrs it has negative side effect i will be in my mid to upper 60s...back to businesses requiring proof of vaccination
    Campgrounds are businesses...rather private or state or national.
    When proof is required and it has already started.
    Maybe that is our solution to over crowded campgrounds...lol.
    Im not on either side really...even though i got mine.
    But i have my reasons like those who dont want to get the shots.

Mark CASTELLANI likes this.
  14. Old_Geezer

Social Media lol. That's also the reason you have Wokeness.

I woke up a few minutes ago....another small victory.

Bowman3d and xxxapache like this.
  15. Mark CASTELLANI

@firepit , et al...

get the vacine or don't... it's everybody's choice.... CHOICE

BUT, when my inalienable RIGHTS are infringed...well... that's a whole different story... what's next?... mandating cholesterol drugs?... mandating Heart Medication?... doesn't the "My Body, My Choice" mantra come into play or, we're they just kidding about that?... HIPPA Laws, for the time being, are still in effect... I won't be surprised to see a whole lota Lawsuites coming down the pike...

Private CGs?... that's a different story [we don't use them]... Government CGs...PUBLIC Lands... well now, we need to talk...

ANYHOO...to get on topic, we're a community of Campers... Outdoors, according to the Science, is the BEST place to be.

For over a year, now, we've been told that "Social Distancing" mitigates the risk. Our campsites have always been far more than 6 feet apart from the next [the further, the better IMHO]

Here's what the Mayo Clinic has to say about "outdoors"... the Mayo Clinic is a reputable, reliable organization, right?... a whole bunch of Doctors and Scientist there, from what I'm told...

"When you're outside, fresh air is constantly moving, dispersing these droplets. So you're less likely to breathe in enough of the respiratory droplets containing the virus that causes COVID-19 to become infected if you haven’t had a COVID-19 vaccine.... Being outside offers other benefits, too. It offers an emotional boost and can help you feel less tense, stressed, angry or depressed. And sunlight can give your body vitamin D, too."​

and...

Camping. If you’re unvaccinated and you only have close contact with people you live with, camping is low risk. If you camp with people who don't live in your household and you’re unvaccinated, camp in separate tents spaced at least 6 feet (2 meters) apart and avoid sharing camping supplies, including food and drinks. Pack hand soap, hand sanitizer and supplies to clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces.​

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...h/safe-activities-during-covid19/art-20489385

LET'S GO CAMPING!!!... and "Chill Out!"

Happy Trails!

Bowman3d, dbhost and xxxapache like this.
  16. firepit

Really?...i think i stated why i got mine ...i could give a rats behind who gets one or not.
    Go back and read my posts.
    I even stated why i wouldnt have got one.
    Not really sure what im supposed to chill out for??
    Not once have i critized or pressured anyone to get a shot.
    I guess you feel since i got vaccinated i am against anyone who doesnt....dont lump me into a group of vaccinated people who think unvaccinated people are the devil.
    Go back and look at everyone of my posts.
    As far as camprounds go...i hope im wrong...but bathrooms...and shower house have to be cleaned....its not a far stretch to say they arent gonna use or have the extra resources to clean and sanitize more frequently...remember...not to long ago campgrounds were shut down...then they opened but left bathrooms closed and you had to be self contained( at least around my parts they were)....i totally agree lawsuits are coming....but that is not gonna help any of us right now at the present...like oregon making you show proof to enter a business.
    I am not on either side....sorry that you think i am because i simply stated why i got the shots....BTW i have family members against it and i will be around them all next week camping...it has never come up....and it wont be by me i can guarantee that.
    I am out....so you can have last word if you wish.

17. kudzu

kudzu Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Believe it or not, there are quite a few of us pro-vaccine people who neither pressure nor judge those who have opted not the get vaccinated yet or at all. We would appreciate it if the favor of non-judgement was extended to us as well, please, please, pretty please. I believe in our liberties just as much as anyone. For those who have opted out, it's their right and their choice. It's none of my business why. Just like it is noone else's business why I choose to still wear a mask when indoors in public areas. My right. My choice. Let's all just be polite and respect others' decisions without being derisive.

ETA: This post was not aimed an anyone in particular.

18. Mark CASTELLANI

@firepit ... please see my DM..

To everybody else... honestly, I don't care if you get the vaccine or not... many of our family and friends have and many have not...we don't advocate either way... we DO advocate "DUE DILLIGENCE"

This topic, both here and in the general society has become a "mine field" and when I start seeing potential "Mandates" I take that very serriously

Again, according to the Medical Community. camping, and being outdoors, is a safe place to be, so ... YEA TO US CAMPERS!!!!

Happy Trails!

firepit likes this.
  19. firepit

Were good...i just wanted to make clear i am all for invidual rights even though i got the shots.

20. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

You are just afraid to get the vaccine. End of story , don't need to hear endless B.S and reasons and conspiracy theories. Man up and get vaccinated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.