Vaccine

Discussion in 'The Woodshed' started by 1380ken, Mar 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groomporter

Groomporter Well-Known Member

Whoohoo! Got an Email from my provider that I can schedule a shot!

Will the microchip let me control my bluetooth devices? <snicker>

2. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

I on the 15th received 2nd vaccine. DW can not vaccines. So I endup getting every vaccine. For covid we will continue to use caution.

Hilldweller and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. kudzu

kudzu Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

No, no. You've got it backwards. The bluetooth function of the chip allows someone to control you, assuming they have the right app on their smartphone. Oh, and the app is free. I'm looking forward to connecting my phone to tall people to make them get items off the top shelves for me. Or I could just politely ask them for help, but what's the fun in that?

4. craig heaton

craig heaton Member

Well, received my vaccine yesterday. It was the Pfizer shot. And we got lucky! After my shot it was only about 1.5 hours till they closed and I'd asked the nurse about no shows...she said they've had a couple. So we waited until closing time and they did indeed have a couple shots leftover, so my wife was able to receive hers too! Especially glad since the DW is a little scared of the Moderna shot (she's afraid of feeling bad after the second dose....even though I've told her its just your immune system "doing its thing". Only symptom so far is a sore arm...feels like I was punched there. So naturally when the dog slept with me he stomped all over it!

kitphantom, Sjm9911 and Hilldweller like this.
  5. Hilldweller

Hilldweller Well-Known Member

My wife was fine on Tuesday after her second Pfizer shot. But yesterday, flu symptoms, mild fever, body aches, b!tching and moaning...
    Today she's whistling and peppy again.

craig heaton and Sjm9911 like this.
  6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I finally got my mom in for hers. So that was a plus. Shes 84 , they made it so hard for the elderly to sign up in some counties in nj. We needed to upload DL and insurance cards. They also needed there own cell and email seprate feom mine. As the system wouldn't let them register on mine because it showed as vaccinated. And they wonder why so many seniors were not getting shots. They just said f it. As it was complicated. And this was the ways they designed for the seniors. Lol. At least shes done.

7. Hilldweller

They didn't make it much easier down here in the Land of Hee-Haw either.
    Several of the vax clinics I worked were for seniors and they all felt confused by the sign-up process. Makes me wonder how many didn't get vaxxed just because they only check emails on holidays.

8. billbillbillbill

billbillbillbill Active Member

Both Wife and I got J&J a few weeks ago. We avoided Covid this past year and had no side effects from the shot.

9. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ

I have many older family members who aren’t tech savvy and don’t own computers. So I was their go to person to sign them up for vaccine appointments. Many who can’t drive, drive at night or long distances. I’ve taken them to their appointments but wasn’t lucky enough to get a leftover vaccine. I’m so happy they were vaccinated before being infected and I’m so happy to get my vaccine soon.

Happy Camping...[put&hy]

10. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

We all love you diamond girl for the help you do! :grin: I get my 1st at 9am tomorrow morning.

kcsa75, 1380ken, Hilldweller and 2 others like this.
  11. Fish N Farm

Fish N Farm Well-Known Member

I finally got my first this past Tuesday.

12. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but despite increasing numbers of those vaccinated if you think anything is changing soon I wish you luck. Some do not want this to go away. Around here the fear mongering media and state/local officials are already touting increasing infection rates due to whatever reason. Interestingly they are mum about hospitalization and death rates all of a sudden, but boo hoo hooo the positive testing rates are rising once again. Interestingly the statistic of number recovered is extremely hard to find now, even at the JHU website.

Its all about control IMO. Covid is real no doubt, but the reaction by some has been worse than the problem. I fully expect another "wave", or two or three, and more rounds of restrictions and lockdowns or whatever you want to call them

I dont trust the numbers for one minute. Seasonal Flu is/was way down. Since that also kills people and apparently social distancing and wearing a mask are the reason, perhaps it should become required forever? I digress

I received my second shot of Pfizer Monday. It floored me with the screaming cha cha cha's, low fever, and body aches for 2 days. I felt like I was hit by a train. Still cant raise my left arm above my shoulder. The first shot was fine.

My wife's employer still requires her to report and quarantine for 10 days if she travels out of state even after being fully vaccinated. Not sure what driving over an imaginary line a for few miles into WV or OH from PA has to do with your chances of contracting Covid, but the idiotic restriction remains. Were we camped all last summer in PA state parks they were crammed with more out of state plates than ever witnessed, especially MD and OH.

Were all in this together during these challenging trying times of the new normal.

13. brettstoner

brettstoner Active Member

1st shot was no problem. 2nd shot.... After about 12 hours I woke up in the middle of the night with 101.6 fever, chills, migraine, body aches, nausea, freezing cold but drenched in sweat. Was miserable for the day and just slept on and off. Woke up the next day like nothing happened and felt normal. So weird. I talked to my doctor who stated those with strong immune systems will have a stronger response and that it is a good thing. So I recommend don't plan anything after the 2nd shot for a day. It was a rough day but the day after I was fine. Just a little sore from residual body aches.

Arlyn Aronson and Hilldweller like this.
  14. rjniles

rjniles Active Member

I am not an anti-vaxer but I am going to wait a while on the shot. If all goes well I may go for the J&J shot in the fall.

15. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

I'm pro vaccination. I'm not all that smart, but I have read some history..... I'd bet donuts we all have ancestors who died in the last big Spanish one.

16. Hilldweller

I'm obviously pro-vax.
    Background: I'm the administrator of a training facility for scientific instruments. We train all sorts of scientists here, from forensics to bourbon to big pharma to tires. You name it. And one of my closest friends here is our global infectious diseases guy; his wife has her own weekly investigative news program and is tracking COVID like its public enemy #1. I'm also tight with a former CDC infectious disease expert.
    So you can say I'm familiar with pathogens.

Here's a documentary my cousin put together about 1918. Interesting perspectives and numbers. https://1918flupandemic.com/

17. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

My great-grandmother died in the 1918 epidemic. The family legacy left by her death is felt to this day. There are many family history stories (good and bad) about how my great-grandfather and his 2nd wife, a 1918 flu widow, got married more out of convenience than love. He needed someone to care of his six kids (including my grandmother) and she needed someone to provide for her three children from her 1st marriage.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  18. Hilldweller

You'll find stories just like that going back to every wave of the Black Death as well.
    This is the first pandemic that humanity has faced with such an arsenal of medical knowledge. If this same bug had hit during WWII there'd be millions dead.

BikeNFish likes this.
  19. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

"Those who hesitate, are lost."

kitphantom and Arlyn Aronson like this.
  20. George Dion

George Dion New Member

Pfizer for me too. Got my second shot on February 16, 2021. First camping weekend 3/19 - 3/22/2021 (sunny and warm). Headed out again today (rainy and cold). Party on!!!

craig heaton and Hilldweller like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.