Vacuum

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Bottom End, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Bottom End

Bottom End Member

Hey Everyone

I'm looking for suggestions on a small vacuum cleaner to keep in my pop-up.

I would prefer it to be powered by a cord so I don't have to worry about a battery dying.

Thanks

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

We have a small 120vac powered shoulder slung vacuum for the TT .. works great for cleaning up... Before we got the vacuum we have we looked at getting a small canister shop vac style vacuum..

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

A micro by ShopVac. Great vacuum..

4. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

What Raycfe said. I bought a 1.5 gallon wet/dry vac and it even has a few attachments. It sits in a corner when not in use, totally out of the way. It's small enough to actually stash under a dinette seat. And it's a sucker-blower too!! I use it when the stink bugs get brave and come out. Thought I could then take it outside and blow them out. NOT! They were clinging to the material filter! LMAO It was funny though! [LOL]

Oh, and it's corded and reaches the whole length of my 22' TT. Walmart special!!

Good luck!

[:D]

5. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

I'm with Raycfe. Good vac.... Its also good at catching annoying flying insects that get inside [:D]

6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

I have done the bug thing too. No mess...... just suck the bugger up. The vacuum even has a bag.

7. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Thanks for posting this thread. I was thinking of getting something myself but kept on bouncing around. Has anyone tried the 12v type vacuum? I do a lot of dry camping and with two dogs messes are inevitable. Then again I'm guessing that could drain the battery quick. [:!]

8. Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear Active Member

I use the little Dirt Devil handheld for work. Very powerful and fairly lightweight and not much bigger than the old car vacs. I'm a locksmith and whenever I have to drill a door to install a lock it leaves a lot of sawdust and woodchips and it picks it up like a dream. The attached bag holds quite a bit so I end up emptying it once or twice a week. They are around $60 but built to last, I've had 2 in the past 20 years and the second one is still going strong with fairly regular use. Only drawback is it doesn't come with a lot of attachments.

For our PUP since we normally camp with no hookups I use a small rechargeable vacuum that we charge before we leave. It doesn't work the greatest but it does the job for us until we get home and can use the corded vac.

9. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

We also have the little red wet/dry ShopVac but not for the trailer. We have it in the basement at home and works great! We have a little Sharp handheld unit...corded. Works great and doesn't take up a lot of room. I find it a bit more powerful (and a smidgen louder) then the ShopVac.

10. mandinga

mandinga Active Member

I use a 2 gallon Dewalt vacuum. It can be plugged into 120v, or operate off of a 12-18 volt Dewalt battery. Also works as a blower which my friends use for their air mattresses. It can also get a campfire going really quick !

11. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Funny you mention using your vacuum blower for starting a campfire! Steve actual sent a photo once where he used his CPAP machine to blow the air in and POOF! FIRE! [LOL] [LOL]

Why is it we never think of the obvious sometimes?? [:O]

[:D]