Valence repair advice needed

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by dhubka, Aug 8, 2019.

1. dhubka

dhubka New Member

Has anyone used the plastic tape/clip/glide product from popupparts.com to repair or replace the valence curtain? If so, how do you suggest attaching the tape to the new fabric? Glue? Sewing? Something else? Tape is stiff and thick and will not sew on my wife's machine well we think.
    Thanks in advance

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Interesting! I have no idea how this would work. Example photos by the manufacturer would be helpful in making a purchasing decision.

I think they work in conjunction with the Snap Tape. But again, more images or detailed instructions would be nice.

I have a curtain which had all the clips come off, very poor design. I intend to sew Velcro (fussy side) to the length of the curtain and then hot glue patches of Velcro (hook side) to the clips. If it works I'll do the same to the others although they haven't failed yet.

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

On our old Coleman they were sewed on.

4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

The thread quality has gone way down since your old Coleman. I think they use human hairs to sew them on now. [LOL]

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

I guess a speedy sticher would do a great job.

6. CampingFamily1

CampingFamily1 Active Member

The distributor at this site says,

Snap On Clip-Large are the attachment for the Snap Tape. They pop onto the buttons. There are 9 Snaps per yard of Snap Tape.

So, looks like you would buy some "Snap Tape" at this webepage, at the same time you buy some Snap On Clips.

"Snap Tape is the alternative for the Coleman C Clips. The tape has buttons that the Snap Glides clip onto. The Snap Tape is sold by the yard and has 9 buttons per yard. **Snap Glides are sold seperately**"

Looks like they snap onto the fabric, rather than using sewing with a industrial strength needle.