Valley of the rogue and Silver Falls State parks campgrounds

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by world traveler, Apr 6, 2018.

1. world traveler

world traveler Active Member

stayed for 1 night at a yurt at Valley of the rogue - right off I 5 so you hear the noise but it was more like a white noise. It was very convenient, and we loved the yurt. They have 3 beds - 1 bunk set with a queen (?) on the bottom and a double (?) on top, and a futon. Bring your own bedding. We loved the dome window on top and could see the stars from the bed. Yurts have heaters and a table. No cooking inside but there's an electric hookup outside, table and fire pit .
    They also have a lot of full and partial hookup sites, as well as tent sites, and a river next to the campground. I'm not sure about the activities at that park except water related but it was a great stop for 1 night during our two-day travel.
    p2.jpg
    We spend 4 nights at Silver Falls state park campground, loop B. Electric and water hookups. Very nice campground with a lot of trees and an easy nature hike around it. It was spring break and they had a lot of kids there. There's a playground in the middle of the loop with the bathroom/showers next to it. Loved the gray water disposals around the sites. They have a dump station but it's 3 miles away so gray water disposals are very convenient, just need a smaller bucket instead of a big gray water portable tank. We spent part of each day hiking from different parking spots around 10 waterfalls trail loop, and the rest of the time at the campground listening to kids play and enjoying outdoors. It was a bit chilly - low 50s during the day and low 40s at night, and there was a snowfall before our arrival so there was some snow on the ground, but we only had one night of rain and dry weather otherwise so we had a great time.
    p1.jpg

drgiese likes this.
  2. Arruba

Arruba Active Member

Didn't know there's a park at Silver Falls. I'm not surprised though. Thanks for sharing.