Very excited for our first trip!

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by rjesarver, Sep 14, 2011.

1. rjesarver

rjesarver New Member

Me and the crew are headed to Falls lake the 22nd. It will be our first trip on our NTU pup. The entire family is excited. We have even decided to take our dog with us. We used to tent camp and Bagheera (our great dane) was afraid of the tent so we always had to board her during our camping trips. When we introduced her to the pup, she walked right in and laid down like she owned the place. We have also decided that attaching her tie-out to the bumper is NOT an option. I can just see her pulling the pup through the park! [LOL]

I'll post pictures as soon as we get back. Wish us luck!

2. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun. Happy camping.

3. Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo Member

beware, the rangers at Falls are kinda snippy, and rather abrupt. before you even start unhooking you camper, hang your site tag on the post.

I had JUST finished backing in and was in process of checking level, the Nazi Ranger marched up and demanded ( yes demanded ) to see our site pass...... then I was instructed to hang said pass before I did anything else.

They also went thru a neighboring campers cooler sitting on ground under canopy outside camper ) and left them a note that alcohol wasn't allowed in the park.....while they we not on site....

Haven't decided if we'll return to Falls or not i certainly hope your experience is much better !!

Kerr was great, Jordan Lake was great.

4. rjesarver

rjesarver New Member

Thanks for the heads up! I hope it will be alright. We tried to get into Jordan, but my DH needed a site on the water for his canoe and they did not have one available. We had never been to Falls, so thought we would check it out. We have never been to Kerr before either. We were thinking of making that our second trip.

Here's hoping your Nazi Ranger took the weekend off!

5. gsocamper

gsocamper New Member

Enjoy your trip and let us know how it goes. And we love pics! We have never camped there either and have thought about checking it out. I do like Kerr Lake too.

6. freenaz

freenaz Member

Enjoy your trip [Vo]
    Make sure you heed Blkvoodoo 's warning about the [{:)] and put up your site pass while enjoying a [CB] before setting up. [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

My [2C] is I don't mind if they enforce the rules, that is their job, but they don't need to be jerks about it.

7. theturners

theturners New Member

Have fun!
    A visitor at work brought in a small horse- aka Great Dane puppy. Only 7 months old and HUUGE!! I laughed at the mental image of you tying one to a pup.

8. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

Have fun! Saddle up the Dane and have a nice trail ride. lol
    [​IMG]

9. rjesarver

rjesarver New Member

Ugh! They are forecasting rain all weekend. I guess we'll pack some rain ponchos and board games!

10. Travelhoveler

Travelhoveler New Member

That's the spirit! Some of our best trips have been in rain, sleet and snow.

11. jamona2311

jamona2311 New Member

So how did it go???

Im looking forward to my first weekend out in a cpl of weeks. DD and I did do a trial night in the back yard cuz i was just too excited to wait! HHA

12. melbo

melbo New Member

Yes please update [:D] Would love to hear how your first trip went!

13. rjesarver

rjesarver New Member

Our first trip was incredibly fun! It rained and poured [{}=] the first day, but the pup took it like a champ. The pay off was cloudy skies for a few days, but no more major rain. Hubby says the fishing there was not so great. I have to say the pup was much easier to set up and take down then I thought and certainly more enjoyable then a tent. It was really damp the first night with all of the rain and I was concerned it would leak so I didn't sleep well. the rest of our trip was dry and wonderful. It also pulled like there was nothing behind us at all! I was more concerned with the stupid canoe! As soon as I figure out how to add a picture, I'll post one of our first set up!

14. shannonnc78

shannonnc78 New Member

We're heading out to Falls Lake this coming weekend. Thanks for the heads up about alcohol and the rangers. I'm looking forward to pictures. Which campground were you at?

15. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Glad you had a good first outing rjesarver.

16. rjesarver

rjesarver New Member

We stayed in Holly Point. The rangers were nice to us. They weren't busy tough. Maybe that is the key!

17. Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo Member

Awesome ! glad you had a great time and a good experience.

When we were at Falls we stayed at Rolling View, they were not busy either, the weekend before the 4th.

Maybe the ranger was having a bad day/weekend, I dunno, but I've never been reprimanded like that in the past. stayed and worked many NPS work days and camp grounds, never had an issue. Our trip to JOrdan was uneventful as well, even had a conversation with ranger there ( did not bring up the Falls thing )

We're actually going to try and go out this weekend, DW got a new job and will be starting in Oct, and sound like she's going to have all the OT she can handle and then some. ( get it girl !! )

Need to discuss with DW where she would like to park the beast for the weekend.

18. rjesarver

rjesarver New Member

Congrats to your DW on the new job! We were actually contemplating heading to Kerr this weekend. Still up in the air on that. Hope you guys have a great trip wherever you park it!

19. rjesarver

rjesarver New Member

[​IMG]

She really is having a good time even though she looks miserable! Promise!