Video of how Coleman Fleedwood popups are manufactured

Discussion in 'PopUpPortal TV' started by steppinthrax, Oct 27, 2013.

1. steppinthrax

steppinthrax Member

How It's Made - Episode 26 - Tent Trailers

Not a lot of robotics, lots of manual labor. Everything goes ok until they make the roof, and of course we all know they f---k up that....

2. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

Fun to see this video again . Great way to see the camper bones.

However, you say we know how they f up the roof... That is the abs roof you are talking about not the one in the bid.

3. steppinthrax

steppinthrax Member

I heard that most of their roofs had problems??? Only the older style (Aluminum) ones were good.

4. steppinthrax

steppinthrax Member

I also notice how they used 3M quick connects to make electrical connections. I don't particularly care for this. I saw this in my camper and thought the previous owner did a wire job....

5. woobie

woobie My PUP is newer than my Tow Vehicle

Adding to this list...Did you notice the PUP was leveled and Stabilizers down when the top was raised. LOL!

6. EV2

EV2 Member

Actually the video is not clear enough to tell if the stabilizers are down fully with a load or pressure. It is actually a very good practice to lower the stabs to just touch the ground with no weight or pressure when unhooking and leveling. The practice totally eliminates the possibility of a wheelie if someone enters as the top goes up. With no weight or pressure, there is no effect on raising. Then, later, when convenient, you can load the stabs with whatever weight is needed to properly stabilize the pup to eliminate shake or movement, but if forgotten, no harm.