Vikiing legend

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by Bgraham927, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Bgraham927

Bgraham927 New Member

Looking at installing a Ac on my 2485st, does anyone know if it is rewired for a unit? There is a box a box under the sink by the converter that is marked for a Ac unit, but I have never opened it up.

2. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

First of all, Welcome to the Portal, hope we can help a little on that one.

I guess the first thing to do will be to open up that box and see whats in there. You might get lucky and have everything you need in there and ready to go. Fingers crossed.

Let us know what you find.

3. dlaudens

dlaudens Member

It depends on what you mean by 'prewired'....

I have a thick black wire running from the AC across the interior roof, down the side wall, and eventually to the box by the converter, so there is no pre-wiring from the roof to the panel. There may be wiring from the converter to the box you found though. Should be a separate 20 amp breaker for the AC also. The Viking brochure from 2004 states that the roof has bracing to make it AC ready.

FYI - This info is for an '04 2465ST....same as 2485ST just a different interior config.

Another FYI - It's a good idea to go into your profile page and add your year/make/model of pup and tow vehicle info so we all know your setup when trying to help.

4. dlaudens

dlaudens Member

Sorry....forgot to mention one item.

You might be able to get addtl info you need from Forest River who owns Viking.

Connie Burkett is very helpful regarding all things Viking.

cburkett@forestriverinc.com

5. pej

pej Member

My Palomino had a blank outlet faceplate with a sticker that read it was for a future Air Conditioner unit. Behind the cover were wires capped off with wire nuts. The 12/2 cable came out of the box and ran to the converter to the 20 Amp breaker. I purchased a 120v 20Amp CGFI duplex outlet and installed it in place of the blank face plate. While I do not have air conditioning I now have an outlet on its own breaker so I can use multiple power consuming appliances in my trailer at the same time - kettle, toaster, heater, coffee maker, etc.

I expect you might find the same setup.

Peter