Viking owners

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by TuckBuskirk, Feb 25, 2009.

1. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Oops! Thought This Thread Was About The Minnesota Vikings owners. Sorry! Lol! [LOL] [LOL]

2. maromeo

maromeo Member

We camped in our Viking in MN a few times does that count? LOL [:D]

3. silar31

silar31 New Member

Just this morning bought our NTU Viking 2107. Will pick it up next week after we snowblow a space for it in our buried yard, then we need May to get here!

Maycat likes this.
  4. VikingReed

VikingReed New Member

4 Months ago bought a 97 viking epic 1706. Its a little guy, only has a sink, beds, and a table basically, super easy to tow. Took it out for the first time over memorial weekend and trip was great, everything worked perfect. It's in surprisingly good shape for age, aside from hail dents and missing the awning. Just put the final coat of new paint on, got some new decals, and re-painted some different parts of it, looks 10 years newer already. Luckily we don't really need an AC out here in colorado, but a heater would be nice. We used a Mr. Buddy heater and it worked pretty well during the night.

Attached Files:

5. fastdixie

fastdixie Member

my 73 Viking and 2001 TV

Attached Files:

6. carolinacamper

carolinacamper Member

Just purchased a new to me one owner 2002 Viking Epic 1906. The pup is in near perfect condition. Came with all the original paperwork including a sales brochure. Taking her out on her maiden camping trip 7/4/2015 for one night.

Then the remodel including new vinyl wood plank floor, painted cabinets, counter tops and upholstery begins. All exterior, rusted fasteners/screws will be replaced with stainless steel. After that she will get some new electronics, led lighting, painted frame, cover and so on.

Then on to inspection of LP system before use to make sure there are no leaks. After that I'll work on the 3 way refrigerator and check the furnace. A/C works perfectly which is a really nice feature to have.

Oh, I've got to add electric brakes before we can take the pup into the high mountains of western NC. Until then we are camping at lower elevation where our TV can handle braking with the pup in tow.

7. carolinacamper

carolinacamper Member

8. lindyhistory

lindyhistory New Member

Hello,
    I have a Viking 1997 Saga 2107. I bought it used about 3 years ago. I tried to put up the Colorado Carefree awning but had no luck. There is no manual to explain how to do this. Without it I don't think I have a chance. I am also pretty sure we are missing a few pieces. Does anyone have an idea where I can go for support?
    Thanks,
    Chris

9. lindyhistory

lindyhistory New Member

Looking for help with Colorado carefree awning on 1997 saga 2107 Viking. There are no instructions. Anyone know how to proceed with this?
    Thanks, Chris

10. fastdixie

fastdixie Member

Might try the owners manual section here on the portal.

11. ValettaC

ValettaC New Member

[PU] Just got a new to us Viking Epic 1906 ST. It came with awning, heat, roof AC, 3 way fridge, stove, sink with 25 gallon water holding tank, one queen bunk, one full bunk, and whatever that funky size bed is that dinette turns into. Did some interior decorating, fixed the sink faucet, and we are heading out on our maiden voyage in her this long Good Friday weekend! Can't wait to see how it goes! :)

12. carolinacamper

carolinacamper Member

I see you are from TN. We make an annual weekend camping trip to Cosby campground near Newport, TN. Took the pup there for the first time last year. Great campground in eastern TN.

13. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

[PU] [TV] I just purchased a 2002 Viking 1906 with Reefer and roof AC. Everything works great had tp put a screw in the stove and ordered a 12vdc water pump to install. unit has no battery, thinking about putting one in.
    Mickeyrv

14. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

[PU] [TV] I got a 2002 viking model 1906 same as the 1706 except a 10 ft. box. full and twin beds, porta pottty, AC, Refrig, I need to find the vin # so I can get a title for it. purchased out of state and unable to find the vin #. Can you help. please

15. 36Oldseight

36Oldseight New Member

We are the owners of a NTU 1980 Viking M-17 Saga... Great little PuP! Some small repairs required (rotted roof sides and canvas damage above galley.) Brings back lots of great memories from a childhood spent in an early 80's Coleman! Looking forward to getting it on the trail soon!

16. Knowlwk

Knowlwk New Member

Add me to the group.. picked up a 2002 1906 ST a couple weekends ago. She seems to be in very good shape with furnace, roof AC, 3-way fridge, outdoor stove and awning.

AC is only 7100 BTU... a little under powered for Lower Alabama, but I already added some reflectix to all the windows and plan on a set of PUGs as soon as I can.

So far I have replaced the tires, cleaned and 303'd the tent, re-caulked all the exterior seams and lubed the lift system.

My last pop-up adventure was a 6 week/8,000+ mile journey across the US and back after leaving the Army in 1990... 28 states if i remember correctly. Sure wish I could do that again, but with work and kids we're going to have to keep it a little closer to home... [PU] [TV] [:D]

17. Adirondack PUP

Adirondack PUP Active Member

Love our Viking! Have fun with it!

18. crispycritter

crispycritter New Member

First trailer we've ever owned! Picked up a NTU 2010 Viking Epic 2107 with 3 way fridge, furnace, overhead fan, awning, add a room, dual propane and deep cycle battery . Couldn't be happier.

19. idler

idler Member

Thanks for all the posts. I am researching a larger popup to take out with friends, etc., but it has to wait on a larger TV. As far as I can see, Viking owners are a happy lot, so a Viking 2470 is going to stay on my wishlist for when I get a truck.

Thanks again.

20. thepinkaholic

thepinkaholic New Member

We just bought a NTU 1999 Viking Legend 2460 a couple of weeks ago. We've been tent campers for years and wanted to upgrade. Can't wait to take it out soon for our maiden voyage!