Viking owners

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by TuckBuskirk, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Farva378

Farva378 New Member

Back in July, I picked up a previously loved 1995 Viking 270SD. That's right, it's the big, tandem axle one.

I've had to replace two lift cables in it, and I've only had it out a few times but I'm definitely not sorry I bought it!

2. blouebell17

blouebell17 New Member

I bought a Viking in 1967 which I believe was the first year they were made. It was a dem that a local dealer bought. I kept it for about 20 years. I bought a 2007 Epic 2106ST. and I have been happy with it. It was stored for about 2 years and I got it out to clean and get it ready to use once more. However when I raised it up I have problems lowering it.

3. Meljoypip

Meljoypip New Member

We just brought home a 2004 Viking Epic 2308!

I looked it over it but I can't wait to pop it up and really check it out tomorrow now that it's mine. I love the layout. Does anyone have this model and know the size of the bunk end beds? I am guessing Full & Queen.

Brand Spanken New Pop Up Owner

Attached Files:

4. Arruba

Arruba Active Member

I'm a Viking owner. Came from the pop up truck camper world, (actually I still have one). This is an 1983. Does well dealing with gravel USFS roads.

Attached Files:

5. dranrab

dranrab Member

Just bought a new 2017 Viking 1906STSS. I made a quick stop at a state park for an overnighter on the way home. I think I am really going to like it. A/C, Furnace, electric brakes, awning and the front storage box.

6. mkenum79

mkenum79 New Member

Bought a gently used 2006 Viking Epic 2107 last Friday. Prepping for it's maiden voyage this weekend to Cades Cove in the Smokies. Will be dry camping as there are no hook-ups in Cades Cove. Just gotta get my interior lights working. For some reason they don't want to come on even with a brand new hot marine grade battery...........

7. Earthfairies

Earthfairies Member

I purchased the 1995 Viking 175SD XL this past August. It's small with only a 9' roughly, box and 2 pull outs on the sides that are maybe double size only. But for me and my small dog it is fine.
    Needs lots of cosmetic repairs and a couple of major ones, to make it restored. :(

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  8. brieghz

brieghz New Member

2008 Viking Epic1906ST

9. Maycat

Maycat Member

I just took home a 2000 Viking Saga 2107 this weekend! So excited to camp in it.

10. Earthfairies

Earthfairies Member

Congratulations!! I am sure you and your family will have great times. I myself can hardly wait for summer. LOL

Maycat likes this.
  11. Nicole H

Nicole H New Member

We just purchased a 1998 Viking Epic 1706 - clean up and renovation plans are in the works as soon as it warms up enough to lay new flooring, paint, fabrics, etc! If anyone has an owners manual they'd be willing to copy, I'd sure appreciate it.

12. bobinfleet

bobinfleet Active Member

Our 1994 Viking sp175, although this picture is a few years old the camper is still going strong

Attached Files:

13. MorrisPup

MorrisPup New Member

Just bought a 2010 1706. The sink flip over box was not part of ours and we’re thinking of adding it. Does anyone have any experience with this? All the pipes/plumbing is in place we just need the cabinet.

14. FrobyPup

FrobyPup New Member

Hi All,
    My wife and I are new to the portal here, and were bought our excellent condition 2005 Legend 2465ST late summer 2016. Have loved the unit with not enough camping yet, but are looking forward to more this summer. One problem with our unit, and looking for any feedback we can get. Our roof lift system is the IDT series, and has been extremely labor intensive heavy handed to raise/lower. We went out a couple of weeks ago, and right at the lower point of our take down my main crank free spun. I have done tons of research on this IDT system with all of its problems. Looking for anyone who might own similar unit, have any feedback, and if they have possibly heard of a power lift option out there. We love the PUP but have to work on this now to make our experiences better. Oh yeah, when we looked at the unit at the dealer roof system was up, and when we went to pick up unit was all buttoned up, so this apparent drawback wasn't realized till we had ownership.

15. Penny Lynn Gardiner

Penny Lynn Gardiner New Member

I have a 2005 clipper 1280st, that has the lift system removed because something broke. Any idea where to get lift parts

16. Penny Lynn Gardiner

17. Penny Lynn Gardiner

Need parts for IDT lift system, but can’t find anywhere

18. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Newly acquired Viking Epic 2018 ST here. Wish me luck

19. bobinfleet

bobinfleet Active Member

You might get a better responce if you post in the general camping discussion forum

20. raccoon legend 05

raccoon legend 05 New Member

we just bought a 2005 Viking legend 2470st with the IDT lift system and there is a step by step description how to take apart and repair on the forum titled 'Viking/idt lift system from 9.2.14. It apparently is pretty easy, however I haven't done it... Good luck w/ fixing it. Would be interested in hearing how it went as well.