Viking owners

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by TuckBuskirk, Feb 25, 2009.

1. FrobyPup

FrobyPup New Member

As I progress on my exterior gearing setup I will try to capture a few pics to help show my progress. I am hoping for a smooth assembly/design that will produce an easier lifting/lowering experience. PUP is perfect in all aspects except for this. As many have talked about on these threads, we looked at the unit two years ago on the dealer lot when it was opened/setup and the appearance sold us on the purchase. We went in for pickup next weekend, and unit was all neatly packed up ready to tow. Until we began using ours that first late season did I begin to realize the wear on the lift system, and last season was only a couple of outings while trying to research any/all options to ease the problem. Took it into my own hands, and this earlier season decided to work on changing over from manual to some sort of power assist. Will update in future.

2. Peachypris

Peachypris New Member

I just bought a Viking pup in the last week. I love it! I can't wait to finish it and take it out!

3. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Active Member

Well I might as well throw in my two cents. Last weekend I purchased a slightly used 2003 Viking Epic 1906. This thing look like it just came off of the showroom floor. I have not found a thing that I need to repair or clean on it. I did add trailer electric brakes to it yesterday, and I will be adding Solar next week. The only think that I think I will replace is the spare tire. It looks like it is the original tire that was on the trailer when it was new. It still looks good, but is a little old for my liking.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Peachypris likes this.
  4. Rachelle

Rachelle New Member

We have a 2010 Viking epic 1706 - does anyone know where you can order replacement parts? We need a few things for our unit but it sure is hard to find much on these Vikings I'm finding. Any advice? Specifically, last summer we got caught camping on one of the rainiest weekends, and one of our awning poles snapped due to the weight of the downpour coming down. Looking to replace that.

5. Grandpa Don

6. StageLover

StageLover Member

Hi Rachelle, if worst comes to worst, Canadian Tire has generic awning poles which might work for you. I got some nice poles from sailrite.com so you could look there, if you can't find originals.

7. John_R

John_R New Member

Hi everyone,
    New member here. Just bought a 1999 viking 2107 this week.

8. Grandpa Don

Howdy... Now the fun begins. Enjoy! By the way, that unit looks identical to my 2003 Viking 1906...floor plan and all. Do you have an electric winch?

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    John_R likes this.
  9. Finally Off The Ground

Finally Off The Ground New Member

Got a '93 Viking toward the end of season last year. This year, in May, I was preparing for a weekend away when the cable gave way. Thank goodness no one was inside. Had to leave it until now and finally got the top up yesterday. I see that the large cable attached to the winch has unraveled, but, it appears the rest of the system is ok. So, now what? Does anyone know how to re-assemble the cable to the winch? There is next to nothing available online for help, and I hope the newer models do NOT have the L&W system. Thanks for any suggestions.