Viking saga "L" bracket door stiffener

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by vdotmatrix, Apr 8, 2013.

1. vdotmatrix

vdotmatrix Member

2. Harhir

Harhir New Member

I am not sure that helps much since the bottom piece is very short. Did Viking charge for that or did they provide this as a courtesy?

3. vdotmatrix

vdotmatrix Member

aHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA....cost $4....free shipping.....i don't think I will use it since I have a real fix in the works.

4. nexus

nexus New Member

hey boss! did you fix this? let me know how as I am about to dive into the same thing. my entire door frame (hinge side) and storage on that same side is lifting almost 1/2 inch up......pulling off the frame.

5. JAH

JAH New Member

Not to mention two spelling errors back-to-back. "If they put "to mush" pressure..." Who wrote this a third grader?

6. vdotmatrix

vdotmatrix Member

the spell check button is hit or miss on both my macs here. No idea why the button doesn't work only when it wants....spelling sucks on my iphone5 with crappy dinosaur eyesight and small typing buttons to please try to read between the lines ...

So what I have done so far is cut out the corner of the floor. roughly 15"x 22" so that the piece is supported by the trailer frame.

I painted the bottom of the 5/8" OSB black, and I am waiting for a decent weather window so I can wrap the corner of the wall with tyvek from the corner down to the inside of the molding against the floor, then I will glue the interior edges of the OSB.

The WALL that I replaced is bolted to the trailer frame. This wall ( adjacent to the door opening) next to the lifter is tied to the front corner section of this wall by a thin sheet of factor sheet metal. This sheet is "STAPLED" with those large factory staples.

I will essentially replace this with a piece of steel and tie these firmly together.

OVERKILL? the entire FRONT wall of the POPUP depends on the piece of red factory sheet metal that ties the 2 halves of the short wall together and most importantly the aluminum CAP of that wall for structural strength. BS on the opposite side the front wall is amply supported by the left side of the PUP.

with the corner floor now intact the front will not deflect because , now the that short wall will not move. pictures to follow.

BTW-the pup is held together by staples and 1" square drive screws on luan and 2x3 wood framing.

I am going to use a brad nailer to reattach the luan since I don't have a factory staler for the paneling......

7. vdotmatrix

vdotmatrix Member