Vintage dark side

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by Dread_Pirate_Bailey, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Dread_Pirate_Bailey

Dread_Pirate_Bailey Member

I added a vintage Holiday Rambler trailer to my camping gear last month! I regularly check out campers on E-Bay, just to see what all is out there. On the spur of the moment, without much thought, I bid on a 1963 Holiday Rambler, and I WON! She's almost completely original inside, with a few changes made by a previous owner after the original refrigerator died. I'm going to buy a larger dorm fridge to use, and will update the cushion covers and curtains.

I'm keeping my pop-up. It ain't camping if you don't have canvas. The pop-up will be for camping. The HR will be for glamping. All those things I pulled out of my pop-up (electric, water, etc) are in this trailer!

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Have fun with your vintage TT. Once upon a time, I wanted to buy one of the vintage ones, but when the time came to move on from our popup, buying the Retro gave me the look without the work. (We'd renovated our first pup, so we knew what a vintage TT might involve.)
    For me, it's still camping, just with a few more amenities and less set-up. I still enjoy looking at the vintage trailers, there's a Shasta I drive by every now and again.

3. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

You know what is poplar now is those tiny old campers with the wings on them. remember that and good luck to you!!