Vintage Pupup - What brand is it?

Jwwiff

Jul 16, 2015
Twin Cities, MN
I ran across this photo of the first pupup I remember. It is mid-60’s, and we (my parents) pulled it with our Plymouth Fury III. We made trips from Wisconsin to the east coast and to the Rocky Mountains over the years.[8D] 6F111871-7EAD-407A-ACFB-707B0140CDAD.jpeg

Now the fun begins....

What company made the popup. Hint - the original camper was a “big joke.” More hints coming as people comment.... Have Fun.

I would dearly love to have one of these again just for nostalgia’s sake. It is very basic - a plywood box with a full canvas roof/walls and a door. No heat, AC, water, inside lights, sink, stove..... about as basic as you can get but really light and easy to tow.

Nimron

Aug 4, 2020
I guessed Appleby because I have a 65 Nimrod, but it does not have a full door, just a zippered entry. Basic camper though, only beds inside. I have seen pictures of other nimrods with doors though, but I thought maybe late 60's. Is it a Nimrod, Ward mfg?

Dingit

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2017
E-Z had the solid doors...take THAT, Livinlite Quicksilver! I'm not zippin' my doors!

Jwwiff

Jul 16, 2015
Twin Cities, MN
BINGO! Toedtoes and Dingit win the prize! [8D]

The same company, located in Loyal, WI is now Canvas Replacements Company. Our extended family (my Dad and his brother) actually owned two of them and rented them out in the summer. One was built from a kit and the other was fully assembled. One had bunks that were hinged along the length of the sides (the one in the picture) and the other had the hinges for the bunks on the front and rear with a side entrance.

I remember camping several summers in both of them and because I was the youngest I got the cot that sat on the floor. We didn’t touch the canvas when it was raining otherwise it would start a leak through the material (no sunbrella back in those days). It was so much better than sleeping on the ground in a canvas tent with no windows and no floor! From what I have researched, there is only one left and that is owned the the family and is a display now at the RV/MH Hall of fame.

A little bit of nostalgia... Keep on Camping!

Latest posts