Vinyl coming apart at the seam

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by Michel, Aug 1, 2013.

1. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

It should just slide out of the aluminum channels, but you may have to remove a few screws or spread open an end or two as they squeeze the ends of the aluminum channels at the factory.
    Bear Creek Canvas has a video, and there are videos on YouTube of Starcraft and Coachmen pop-up factories.

2. dwalker80

dwalker80 Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

3. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

to my knowledge, Bear Creek doesn't make canvas replacements for hybrids.

maybe they do, but i've never seen anyone on any of the 6 hybrid forums i'm on, get any from them.

4. 88PUP

88PUP being crazy- has kept me from going insane

Yes, Bear Creek makes replacements for Hybrids, Look at bottom of their pricing page on their site.

5. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

well, that's good to know! it's been awhile since i've been to their website so they must have added that, which will be great for older hybrid owners.
    i'll make sure i let others know.

still have never read about any hybrid owners getting new canvas from them. [?:~{]

6. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

I think on that 2001 you would remove any interior trim around the door opening and the sliding curtain track. Then underneath all that should be square drive screws holding the J lock to the perimeter of the opening. Not sure how or if they attached the bottom corners and I assume its not connected to the door itself? That should just be Velcro. Post a pic or two of the inside and I could tell you for sure.

If I was you I would really just run a couple screws with washers through there, screwing the jlock into the side jamb so it can not tear any further up the J lock, then caulk it. I wouldn't go through the expense of a new tent unless the tent had other issues like major tears or something.