Virginia - Rally on the Potomac

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by JoeCamper, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

I will be there probably the first weekend and that might be the "Spring Rally part" and if they wish to stay the entire week thats up to them I just dont have the Vac time. I hope Sarahs surgery is not a serious problem. Hope she gets better and you to. I had pneumonia and food poison at the same time. Not fun!!!! Yes looking for a bigger pinata this time with way more candy and stuff!!!!!! If you have any ideas or questions just drop binky and/or I a pm. Still a long away off and a lot of planning.

2. JoeCamper

JoeCamper Eastern, Pennsylvania

Binky:
    Sorry to hear about the family situation. I went through the Big 'D' and its never a good thing, but keeping the kids first is the most important thing.

Steve wouldn't create a singles section of the forum for me and I doubt you will have more pull. SCWM looking for SCF w/ TV?

3. Mechdonna2

Mechdonna2 New Member

We made reservations for the first weekend. I will give you my reservation no. later so that we can stay together.

4. Big_kid

Big_kid Virginia Beach, VA

Sorry to read this, Binky. Best of luck to you guys.

5. hvac1877

A quick little update for the Spring Rally. On Saturday night we will have a get together potluck dinner like we had the past Spring rally but this year we will have a Dutch Oven cooking contest and will be cooking desserts. So any of you who have a DO or want one start looking for desserts and practice. Fellow campers will vote for the winner and a prize will be given out to the winner. So get those DO going and find a great recipe for all to enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can cook cakes,cobblers,pies or what ever you come up with or find. Here are a few pics of what i have made in my DO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. theroys88

theroys88 VA is for Lovers....and Campers!

When should we begin booking a site for this rally?
    We can be there either of the weekends, but may
    choose the first one since it is the first weekend the
    kids are out of school.
    Thanks for all of the planning work guys.
    Dawn

7. hvac1877

When ever you want to. I will be booking mine hope soon.
    The first weekend will be the Va rally
    your welcome still alot to do!!! Once i finish my camping season i will get more into it!!! If any one has any ideas please pm me or Binky.

8. theroys88

theroys88 VA is for Lovers....and Campers!

Peter, what is that apple recipe in your DO picture? Have never
    cooked in one, but will take up the challenge and will spend
    the winter figuring out the DO thing so I can enter something
    in the DO challenge.
    Thanks,
    Dawn [CK]

9. hvac1877

Dawn it is called Cinnamon Apple Pizza Here is the recipe. It was great. Last time i made it used the cinnabon cinnamon rolls

Cinnamon Apple Pizza

1 tube (12.4 oz) refrigerated cinnamon roll dough
    1 can (21 oz) apple fie filling( we use the low sugar)
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1 Tbl butter, melted

Set cinnamon roll icing aside. Separate dough into individual rolls. Roll each out into a 4 inch circle and arrange in a greased 12 inch dutch oven, overlapping and sealing edges. Bake at 400 for 8 minutes. Spoon apple pie filling over crust to within 1/2" of edge. Combine brown sugar and butter, and sprinkle over filling. Bake 6 to 8 min. longer until crust is golden brown. Cool and drizzle with icing.

10. SPIKEpilot

SPIKEpilot New Member

Wow, I've been gone from this site since the last rally! I see the plans are all set up but it's been quiet for a while since anyone has posted, so I'll put in my 2 cents. Binky, sorry to hear about your situation... been there, done that. Hope you can still make it!

I made my reservations. [8D] Only problem is that we're still in the process of picking our vacation times at work, so nothing is in stone until the end of the month.

If it works out, I'll be there from the 18 - 26.

When I signed up, there was nothing about 'Campground A', just 'EW' for electric & water. I have site 39 for the first 2 days, then 41 for the rest of the time. Am I in the right section? If so, did anybody in this group reserve site 39 from the 20th thru the 27th? I would really like to NOT have to move after I setup, so if they aren't particular about their site they can have 41 (only 2 down).

Anyway, excited to go (hopefully) & see everyone again!

11. SPIKEpilot

SPIKEpilot New Member

Ok, never mind the campsite numbers issue. Had I read the legend to the right side of the dates selected, I would have seen that the numbers represent the number of available sites for any given day. So I guess it is first come, first serve on the actual site location.

12. hvac1877

Glad to see you coming!!!!!!! Sorry have not posted been busy at work. Will be posting more stuff after the holidays!!!!

13. binky

binky New Member

Things are looking up for me and I might still be able to make this rally. :) I am really hoping to get there.....though I will be solo or with a friend. My main concern, besides finances, was the lack of a dependable tow vehicle. I had a deal fall into my lap three days ago......I bought an 01 Chevy S-10 extra cab with a 4.3 Vortec motor. The vehicle only has 66k miles on it.....an 01 with 66K for the whopping price of $2500.........WOOHOOOOO!!!! This is very simialr,including color, of my new TV

[​IMG]

14. hvac1877

Sounds good Binky!!! Glad to see you back on here!!!!!

15. Big_kid

Big_kid Virginia Beach, VA

Good deal! Glad to see you back too.

16. rlhul6

rlhul6 Member

Witch campground are we holding this at a,b,c?

17. hvac1877

going to try to start with a but hope we fill up the entire a and b campgrounds

18. hvac1877

Ok everyone it is 6 months to the Spring Rally!!!!!!!! I hope everyone is going to come and have a great time. Once you make a reservation PM me so i can add you to my list. Yes we will have a pinata for the kids with lots more candy for them!!!!!!!! Going to have a Dutch oven cooking contest with prizes given out. Everyone will be voting for the winner. So if you have a Dutch Oven or always wanted one this is the chance to enjoy cooking and maybe get a prize!!!!!! Will have more info to come later. If you have any questions pm me. Hope to see everyone there. Also if you have pics from last year Rally pm to get me email address i like to get a copy and make a photo album from last year rally!!!!

19. Darslife

Darslife New Member

I made a reservation for the 18th thru the 20th for us. Don't post often, but read all the time! Can't wait to meet everyone!

I am so ready to get the pup out of the garage and on a site some where!! This is the second reservation I have made...hopefully many more to follow.

Darlene

20. hvac1877

Thanks for posting Darlene!!!!!!! When you see Chris give him a hard time!!!!! [}:)] If you have made a reservation let me know so i can keep up who is coming or not. There is 34 sites left and got only 6 months to go. Might seem a long time away but will be here before you know it and other people will be booking there weekend trips so BOOK NOW before there all gone!!!!!!!!! Hope to see everyone there!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.