Voltmeter, LED's and shelf system!

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by SPopupFamily, Jul 7, 2014.

1. SPopupFamily

SPopupFamily New Member

It took us all weekend (after the kids went to bed) but we finally finished a few of our wish list mods before we leave for the Oregon Coast. A voltmeter with rocker switch, LED bulb replacement and a shelf system for extra storage in the kitchen. We love how they turned out! We learned how to do all of these projects from this site! So grateful for everyone sharing ideas and knowledge!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

That looks great. I've done the led but that's it. Need to do the other two. Probably will happen next year.

3. SPopupFamily

SPopupFamily New Member

We were going to wait but the voltmeter was less than $8 for everything. Then we found the shelf stuff at a yard sale for $5. And I got the LED's cheap on Ebay ($20). So total was $33. Not too bad!

4. rajphoto

rajphoto New Member

Can I ask where you found the voltmeter? Everything looks great! Replaced my bulbs with LEDs and I'm very happy. In fact, instead of 2 in each light, we're going to one. Plenty bright.

5. griff02

griff02 New Member

looks great, and that was a great deal on the shelf mod. I just finished doing the shelf myself, but I went to the hardware store and bought the stuff and it wasn't cheap. I can't count the number of times I've either thrown some of those materials away or seen them in a trash pile somewhere, but go figure when I needed them they were no where to be found. lol
    After it was done I was very impressed with how well it worked, and like you, I'm very grateful to those on the forum for sharing the idea.

6. SPopupFamily

SPopupFamily New Member

I got the voltmeter on Amazon for $4 I think. It was an add-on item. I can't find the link now because we are out camping on the Oregon Coast. I'll try to remember when I get back!