Wag more, bark less: Post your dog pics :-)

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by GetOutSide, Nov 27, 2010.

1. AlleganyCamper

AlleganyCamper New Member

This is Kayla, our golden retriever/husky mix. She is so gentle and well trained. She loved camping with us in winter b/c we could let her off-leash since the park was almost completely empty and we had the run of the place!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't wait to get some pictures of her during her first trip in our PUP! She has been excited to come in and help me clean while it's sitting in the driveway. :) Not to mention her first camping trip with her little sister, Samantha!

2. krekelly

krekelly New Member

Here's a pic of both dog and lil girl. We haven't had a chance to camp with the puppy yet but are looking forward to it.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJHappyCamper likes this.
  3. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

[​IMG]

4. chiefsou

chiefsou Member

Here's our mutt Rusty. Never been camping since we haven't taken our maiden trip yet but hopefully he'll get to go after our 1st trip. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

~the chief's wife

5. farley.hobson

farley.hobson New Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. chiefsou

chiefsou Member

7. MichelleMS

MichelleMS Member

I hate to be a downer but I'm so sad. I lost my camping, day hiking, hanging out in the camper girl yesterday morning. She would have been 11 next week. This dog loved to geocache. The more bush wacking the happier she was. We got to take her out in the camper one last time a few weekends ago. I've had her since she was 4 weeks old and while I knew this day was coming since Feb, my heart is crushed. I haven't lost a pet as an adult and I'm not holding it together well for my kids, big or little. [​IMG]

8. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

I understand. I have lost many as an adult, its different then when your a kid because your the caretaker. Take care of yourself, sorry to hear about your loss.

9. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Dang, that's an old dog! [emoji14]

10. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Here are OSDs, Fang and Treaty. Treaty is a purebred Jewish beagle from Japan. We found Fang on the side of the road-literally.
    Fang
    [​IMG]
    Treaty
    [​IMG]
    Fang telling me that he has to go for a walk to pee. Stupid dog, we're camping and you're not on a leash. (It's ok in Korea)
    [​IMG]

11. GUMP637

GUMP637 New Member

Maggie Mae, our Border Collie

Not near the pop-up in this photo.
    But, at the off-leash dog park in our area.
    On her "gotcha day", as my daughter calls it. A year since she joined our family.
    [​IMG]

12. Loraura

Loraura New Member

Meet LuLu! Half lab/half Jack Russell terrier. She'll either be fast and stupid, or smart and loyal... Only time will tell! We got her from the pound, she's 6 months old.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Sannekje

Sannekje New Member

This summer we did a three week trip, visiting Germany, Czech republic and Hungary. It was the first camptrip for our PWD pup[​IMG]
    Camping in the Woods, Czech Republic

[​IMG]
    Giulia 4 1/2 months, a waterdog by breed [;)]

Mary M likes this.
  14. ShaunaCG

ShaunaCG New Member

Here is a few pics of my fur babies Lilly and Daisy!! they love Camping, Kayaking, and swimming, its hard to keep them in the kayak cause all they want to do is swim lol

[​IMG]

Lilly
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. movingparts1

movingparts1 Member

Here is our 4 leg fur-child, Molly. She is a yellow lab/hound mix.
    Here is her misbehaving with the Mrs
    [​IMG]
    Same pose, different campground...
    [​IMG]
    And here is why she is a spoiled rotten little turd that gets away with murder. Look at that cutie!!!
    [​IMG]

16. Bayside Holmes

Bayside Holmes New Member

Beloved friend, "dog of a lifetime", this was my rescued Rhodesian Ridgeback mix named "Angel." He was my road dog- went everywhere I did. He chased off both off bears & burglars, & once saved his Boston Terrier brother from the jaws of a coyote right in downtown Los Angeles. He lost his right eye to a Western Diamondback rattler in my backyard, trying to protect the same Terrier (may he also rest in peace). Angel loved camping with all his heart- first tent camping; then camping in my old Jayco in the Southern & Central California mountains & deserts; then tent camping again after we moved to Michigan. I used to camp alone often in those days... whether I was up late by the campfire or was out working in the rain, he refused to go in the tent & snuggle into his own sleeping bag until I did; had to keep that one watchful eye on me. We had many wonderful adventures in his 15 years. These photos were taken in 2007 at Chilao Campground in the Angeles National Forest. We said goodbye in 2014 & there will never be another one like him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Mary M likes this.
  17. Bayside Holmes

Bayside Holmes New Member

I'm new to the site; how do you post those big, beautiful pictures? Mine just upload as an attachment & show a tiny thumbnail.

Nevermind, I found the answer on another board, but now can't figure out how to delete this. D'oh.

18. djturnz

djturnz Member

[​IMG]
    She is 16 years old, 94 pounds and has severe arthritis in her back legs. Just had her at the vet because she fell and wouldn't walk. Steroids and pain killers, and this was her the next day.

19. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Well-Known Member

Zoie, she loves camping because she gets to dive into the bottom of our sleeping bag.

Attached Files:

20. ktsmom

ktsmom One Happy Camper!

Here's my sweet little girl, Bella. She loves - LOVES - to go camping.....

[​IMG]

And she loves to go kayaking!

[​IMG]

I bonded Bella out of doggie jail and we've been partners in crime ever since!