Wallmart clearance

Discussion in 'Deals too good not to share!' started by Sjm9911, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Ok so up by me, nj, and its probably regional wallmat is blowing out there summer stuff. So , flotes for 50 cents, tiki torch fuel half off 5 bucks for the big bottle. Take a look and stock up for next year if you need summer stuff for the kids or yourselves. Some grills were on clearance also. Sometimes tpu can find rain gear, ponchos, beach towles( the thin ones that dry quick)

2. NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

No way! Walmart here is a Covid hot spot. Haven't been near one in over two years.

neighbormike and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. Sjm9911

Lol. Your loss. I het some good camping stuff in the clearance isle. But , someone elese mentioned it before, no antifreeze for the water tanks. They usally have a palet of the stuff in the camping isle. Not one to be had.

DiamondGirl and xxxapache like this.
  4. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I found a couple of grilling items this year, but not much. I missed the good markdowns on the grills and griddles I think. I don't really need one, covered for camping needs but I would like a 28" or 36" one for the house.

I think all I got was a new scraper and some squeeze bottles for oil and water use on the Blackstone.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. Sjm9911

I got one of there brand grills since my weber gave up the ghost last month. Was like 78 $ . Its cheaper, but hey for 78 bucks it cooks pretty good. It gets hot. And i really just wanted it to sear of the steaks after i smoke them. So, you never know. I think it depends on how much stuff they have left over also, and what kind of space they need. If they want it gone they make it low.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  6. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

My store recently clearanced out all the SPF fishing shirts for 4 bucks. I loaded up. I wore long sleeve ones all summer long instead of using suncreen.

DiamondGirl and Sjm9911 like this.
  7. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I am fairly certain I am the only person in the world that doesn’t shop there!

myride and DiamondGirl like this.
  8. Sjm9911

Besides online, its a place that carries stuff for the camper. And you can usally get something needed , especially if you need a sewer hose at a campground because yours somehow flew out the bumper. [A]

DiamondGirl and xxxapache like this.
  9. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I totally get it... and I have shopped there... I just prefer not to.... and I WILL NOT purchase online - #1 site for credit card “mishaps” according to my financial institution.

DiamondGirl, Sjm9911 and NMroamer like this.
  10. Sjm9911

I just use someone elses credit card. Problem solved. How don you spell your last name again? I get it. But sometimes you have to go with the flow. If i can get a deal, I'm there. Besides, its one of the only stores with toys now that toys r us went out. Not too much to pick from now a days.

craig heaton and DiamondGirl like this.
  11. Tarkus

Tarkus Member

When all the TP ran out on the last panic buying, it was the RV section that saved my rear.
    Many folks don't know that little secret! Smile Ah-Huh.gif

neighbormike, DiamondGirl and Sjm9911 like this.
  12. jeepster04

jeepster04 Active Member

Always tried to make a trip down the camping isle at walmart, but Ive not been in almost 2 years.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  13. LilRed

LilRed Well-Known Member

Never trust a guy from Jersey... :)

kcsa75 and Sjm9911 like this.
  14. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I shop at Walmart as pure 100% convenience. It is right across the street from my office. My Walmart is often the 1 stop shop for all office workers as it’s surrounded by business parks. So they often keep the grocery center stocked up as best they can although often picked over. Now the RV /camp section is very lousy at my Walmart unless your looking for camp chairs and tarps. So I often get that stuff on Amazon unless I’m willing to burn holes in my pocket at REI. Now some Walmart’s here I will never ever go to no matter how desperate and it’s entirety based on if it’s near the bad area of town or if traffic is so insane it’s safer to go somewhere else.

xxxapache and Sjm9911 like this.
  15. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ

I’ve been lucky once in a while at Wally World too. I’ve gotten a nice non-stick griddle for my Camp Chef Ranger III for $10, a 10” Lodge griddle for $8, Tri Lynx Stop n Chock for $7, Tri Lynx levelers for $20 and RV Antifreeze for $2.

I shop at Wally World for RV stuff cause sometimes it’s cheaper than Amazon. I wear a mask and use lots of hand sanitizer when I get back to my SUV.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

xxxapache and Sjm9911 like this.
  16. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

I use hand sanitizer, too....For starting fires. Covid supplied me with plenty, too. I recently bought 24 bottle cases of it on clearance for 6 bucks a case.

neighbormike and DiamondGirl like this.
  17. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ

I’ll be visiting Wally World before my next trip for fishing gear. I need to restock on lures and etc.. It’s cheaper than the big box sporting goods stores. Too bad my Wally World doesn’t carry live bait anymore. I’ll have to visit a BB sporting goods store for that.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

Sjm9911 likes this.
  18. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Be careful, I think you are out numbered here.

RCmom, Sjm9911 and LilRed like this.
  19. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Stopped at my local Wally World to get a few 1pound bottles of propane for the Coleman stove , No luck. Shelves were pretty much empty, not just the gas, but most of the camping gear, guess I missed the big sale

20. RCmom

RCmom Active Member

I bought a hammock on Walmart clearance for $5 (reg price is still $39.97 in a different print).
    I also bought a cast iron griddle for my Camp Chef a few years ago for $6.

Living in North Jersey, there are 3 Walmarts within 10 minutes of me. And at least another 3 within 30 minutes depending on traffic and what day it is. Walmart clearance supports my camping ad̶d̶i̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ hobby in a budget friendly way.