Wanted: Awning Pole Stock

alwaysonguard

Jul 9, 2014
I bent the lower pole on an 11' Dometic A&E Trimline bag awning. It's the 4' section that contacts the ground, and slides into the upper half of the ground pole. Dealer said "they don't make replacement parts", Dometic sent me a schematic that looks like I can get more than I need. No one seems to have replacement stock, where do I go for this material?

E3 Junkie

Greetings from Granada Hills, CA.
Sep 22, 2012
Unfortunately if you need a stock pole I can't help you, however, if you're open to an alternative, I would take that section of pole over to the Lowe's paint department and see if they have an aluminum extension pole used for painting that might suit your needs. Typically an extension pole is adjustable, so it would have that added benefit. I bet you could pick something up in aluminum for around $20. You can probably pick up one in steel for less than $10.

Hoosier Daddy

Super Active Member
Jun 24, 2014
My local HWI Do-It store had aluminum pipe the exact size. Drilled a hole in one end and transferred the little spring detent pin from the old to the new... If I had painted it white it would have been exact.

[email protected]

Aug 9, 2011
North Dakota
We had same issue when we bought our N2U popup and I repurposed a couple of Tiki Torch metal poles by cutting them to length drilling a couple holes and moving the plastic ball stake loop and spring button to the Tiki replacements
Oh and by the way Tiki torchs were less then $10 each

real lite virgin

Rob,Suzanne & Jessie - Black Lab
Apr 15, 2010
When I broke one of the poles I found a local company that makes custom antennas. They had the exact dimension stock that I needed and it cost about $12.00 for a piece.

mv520

May 2, 2010
At an Army-surplus store, and also at a cheap-tool store I've seen bins of assorted tent poles. Odds and ends, left over pieces of every shape and size and material. Might be worth a look if you have either type nearby.

nineoaks2004

Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday
Oct 15, 2006
Dukes, Fl
If you have a metal supply yard, (such as a place that buys scrap metal, you might pick up what you are looking for, many of these places sell metal. I used conduit to replace a broken pole on one of mine..