Wanted: free or extremely cheap pup

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by Barefoot311, Jul 31, 2015.

1. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Awesome - thank you, Pam!

Doc is likely aware of heading north up 59. The mileage is less to Hattiesburg, but he may want to stay on 10 to Mobile. In the meantime, I am going to PM some more Bammers to see if we can move it from Mobile. We are excited. One way or another we'll get it to GA.
    M&K

2. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

I think we're all enjoying the excitement!! [A] [LOL]

I just stopped trying to steer the ship because y'all know the faster, better roads. I'll just update as folks commit to a leg. I think it'll go better that way!

Dang!! Waiting to hear about the 'next leg' is worse than waiting for water to boil!! [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

Take good care!!

Pam [:D]

3. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Sara and I share the same sentiments. We had actually discussed this and decided upon it before offering our help. Just keep the funds from our portion for any snags that the trip may run into or for Barefoot311's camping trips.

4. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

It would be really cool if we could video (document) the Barefoot PUP's trip.

5. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

That would make an excellent project!! I guess, though everyone would need to own a GoPro. Or some VERY trustful person who would let theirs make the trip. Hhhmmm.

[:D]

6. camp dad

camp dad New Member

Following along just in case I can pitch in. This is an amazing journey and a testament that good people do still exist.

7. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Well crabs! How did I miss all this!? And how on earth could I have guessed TxBum would be the one to donate a pup to another fellow vet!? I would be happy to help but seems every leg in my neck of the woods has been covered. To the OP, don't be surprised if there's BBQ waiting in the pup for you when you get it, seeing as where it's coming from! Kudos to TxBum on his kind donation, I'm still using the teardrop he built for me and I can say it's already seen more than its fair share of use. Hopefully this next pup will be just the same and help get some kiddos into the great outdoors! A huge virtual handshake goes out to all of those involved!

8. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Oh and by the way barefoot, I know you've heard this before but there are those out there who know your fight. I'm the type of person who doesn't share those types of things, feelings don't tend to exist much these days. But I can agree entirely that getting out into camping, fishing, hunting, etc. can be a huge help. I don't need details, personally I don't want to hear them anyway [LOL] (no offense by the way!) but should there be any bit of assistance I can provide to help you and your family then PLEASE feel free to let me know.

9. Barefoot311

Barefoot311 Member

Thank you so much. The days seem to get a little better as I challenge myself to overcome this. Still some bad days here and there but the hope and thoughtfulness of this group has certainly helped!!!

And I can't say thank you enough to everyone involved!

10. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Just throwing this out there as an idea about tracking the pups journey. Maybe instead of a GoPro, but a little more old fashioned. Something similar to a camping journey book. Where each person involved could add pictures, quotes, words of encouragement and pass it on to share it's journey to the next. By the time barefoot has the pup in hand he would have its journey book to read and continue if he so prefers. I wish I could help more.

11. fiddlingdoc

fiddlingdoc Member

The same goes for Fiddling and Mrs. Doc.

12. fiddlingdoc

fiddlingdoc Member

And, as far as video documentation of the trip goes, I don't have a GoPro, but don't they use an SD card? Maybe a mutual card could be passed from device to device. My camera uses one. They might not be compatible for the different devices, however.

13. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Howdy, I have a owners manual book to go into the pup along with all the title paperwork. I plan to take some photos and have them printed and placed in the book. Hopefully we can get a photo of the persons handing off the put to the next Pony Express PUP rider. I will be placing a few goodies, I will place something for the lil barefoot and his mommy. Big Barefoot getting the pup , so no goodies for you [LOL]....Txbum...Skeeter the Glover's have been advised to arrive hungry and thirsty.....let me see, where's that dern lighter go [?:~{]

14. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Yup, I like the journal idea!! Since Polaroid isn't exactly the leader in cameras these days, I've asked everyone to take photos when they swap off, email them to me, and I'm going to make a collage that maybe we'll frame!! Or I can print them all and place them on the right pages of the journal with the comments!

Man, you guys are SO COOL for all you're doing! And barefoot311 is so deserving!! [A]

Either way, remember to take the digital pics.for me!!

15. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

I think everyone transporting pup should place their foot print on the back side of the pup.... [LOL]..Txbum I lost a Superbowl bet and guess what colors my foot prints gonna be??? Is there such a color as Denver [?:~{]

16. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

And a little pair of flip flops to hang from his rear view mirror! LMAO

17. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

UPDATE #3

As of 2/23/16 we have:

Txbum is donating the PUP and some freshening up. I provided new tires and wheels. That was the easy part! Now the hard part...getting this baby to it's new family!!

1) adrianpglover will tow the Pup from Schulenburg, TX to Baton Rouge, LA (Approx 5.5 hrs) CONFIRMED

2) Doc will tow the Pup from Baton Rouge, LA to Mobile, AL (Approx 3 hours) CONFIRMED

3) NEED VOLUNTEER WHO CAN GO FROM MOBILE, AL TO BIRMINGHAM, AL (Approx 3.45 hours)

4) niagarafam will tow from Birmingham, AL to Lawrenceville, GA (or there abouts) (Approx 2.45 hours) CONFIRMED

FINAL DESTINATION: Lexington, NC

COME ON YOU GA DAWGS & BAMA PUPPERS!!! Let's hear from some of you folks!!! [{:)] [LOL] [LOL]

At this point, we need a just a couple more volunteers for legs of the trip! Most have donated their gas costs as well as their time, but if you prefer, we will cover your gas costs!!

THANK YOU, all of you, for all your help! [A] [A]

Pam

18. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

If we cannot get a Mobile team, Kim and I will go get in Mobile. We will just need to take it onto GA the following weekend. She's a gonna roll, Barefoot - rest assured!

19. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

UPDATE #4

As of 2/23/16 we have:

Txbum is donating the PUP and some freshening up. I provided new tires and wheels. That was the easy part! Now the hard part...getting this baby to it's new family!!

1) adrianpglover will tow the Pup from Schulenburg, TX to Baton Rouge, LA (Approx 5.5 hrs) CONFIRMED

2) fiddlingdoc will tow the Pup from Baton Rouge, LA to Mobile, AL (Approx 3 hours) CONFIRMED

3) NEED VOLUNTEER WHO CAN GO FROM MOBILE, AL TO BIRMINGHAM, AL (Approx 3.45 hours)

4) niagarafam will tow from Birmingham, AL to Greenville, SC (Approx 5 hours) CONFIRMED

FINAL DESTINATION: Lexington, NC

COME ON YOU GUYS!!! WE ONLY NEED 1 OR 2 MORE LEGS TO GET IT TO LEXINGTON!! [{:)] [LOL] [LOL] Actually just close by Lexington would work!! I can handle it from there.

Most have donated their gas costs as well as their time, but if you prefer, we will cover your gas costs!!

THANK YOU, all of you, for all your help! [A] [A]

Pam
    [/quote]

20. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

We like the photographic journal idea.