Wanted: free or extremely cheap pup

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by Barefoot311, Jul 31, 2015.

1. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Howdy all! We're almost there! All we need is someone to carry the leg from Mobile, AL to Birmingham, AL, which is approximately a 4 hour trip each way. Gas will be reimbursed! Maybe two friends could share the load and split it into two legs! IT'S ALL UP TO YOU GUYS!! Call your friends and give 'em a push! LOL J/K

After that, the pup is already set to make it to Greenville, SC! After that, we have the leg filled to get it to barefoot311 & his family!! YAY! YAY! YAY!

Thanks for all the input, ideas, well wishes and time y'all are tossing in the pot!!

Pam

2. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

What are we thinking for a time frame on this convoy? Are we waiting to start until all of the legs are settled? Or are we going to start moving the PUP and go as far as we can. We really only need the Mobile connection. Too bad we can't get Steve or someone to email the Alabama and Mississippi members to see if someone else will join us.

We have made Easter weekend plans. It would be good to start discussing a time frame. Is there a way to get someone to contact AL and MS members. I know that Steve is out of pocket, but is there someone else who could help us?

3. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Well, it appears the pup will start travelling March 5. That will be adrianpglover grabbing it from Txbum's house. I think he said it would be the NEXT weekend before they can take it to fiddlingdoc in Baton Rouge. fiddlingdoc can only store it for about a week, then it needs to head to Mobile, AL! Problem is we can't get anyone to pick it up in Mobile! So yeah, we SORELY NEED someone(s) to take that leg of the trip!!

So date wise, that's as much as I have. I think I even posted under the AL rally thread to get volunteers. So far, no replies!!

ALABAMA!!!! HELP US!!! please??

Mobile, AL to Birmingham, AL (Approx 4 hours each way) THIS LEG DESPERATELY NEEDS TO BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY!!! Otherwise, it's stuck in Baton Rouge, and it can only stay there for a week!!

Thanks all!!

Pam

4. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

If it needs to stay with us longer then it can. Our HOA is fairly lax and would understand. Also, if we need to delay picking it up, that's fine too. Just let us know. Our thought was to try and get it there soon so it could get used this season.

5. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Man Adrian!! That would be fantastic!! I'd rather it be resting at your house than it take off sight seeing all over Alabama!! I'm sure it would pulled over!! [LOL] [LOL]

Thanks a ton for this. I will keep trying to get the extra person(s). Special people, you are! :)

THANKS!

Pam

6. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

It may be that the coffee hasn't started working yet....but I wonder if Camping World would be interested in helping.....
    they move campers all over the place...

7. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Please don't take this wrong Darrin, but I wouldn't ask CW to lick my boots. I'm connected to two private shippers in Alabama now, waiting for estimates from them for the Mobile to Birmingham leg. Probably hear from them Monday.

[:D]

8. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

YES!! This is what we're shooting for!! I should hear from the shipper tomorrow, hopefully, to discuss the Mobile to Birmingham leg.

Pam

9. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Well sorry I brought it up

10. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

No no, don't take that badly!! I don't want any part of CW and I don't want them to do some corporate crap for a 4 hour trip.

I already have a shipper, so now I'm just firming up with Doc and niagarafam to a meeting in baton rouge, and then between doc and the shipper to meet in Mobile.

Almost there!!

Pam

11. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

I've just updated the involved parties in PM, but I wanted to let everyone know we have been truly blessed!! A shipper is going to take Jeremy's PuP the WHOLE WAY from Lafayette, LA to Jeremy's driveway, for less than half what everyone else wanted!! This will save fiddlingdoc, niagarafam, & yetavon from having to move their schedules around every few days as things were changing, and will get the pup to Jeremy on March 15th, just a day after his son turns 3!! This way he has some time to do things to it and maybe they can get out in April and start their new journey!!

I truly appreciate ALL of your efforts and donations and good wishes, and I know Jeremy does too!!

Again, THANK YOU ALL!!

Pam

12. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Awesome deal! Pics or it didn't happen [LOL]

13. Barefoot311

Barefoot311 Member

[​IMG]

To each and every one of you who have contributed to this, have spent time helping coordinate, donated and just listened, to each of you I say a very heart felt thank you! The amount of love and caring behavior that has been dedicated to this has helped me tremendously and I hope someday I can return the favor!

And a very special thank you to Txbum for making this whole thing happen as well as the queen bee of coordination, Rotnmom. You both have a very special place in my families life. Can't wait to camp with both of you!

Now, if I can only get some sleep between now and the 15th!!!!

14. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Good luck getting that sleep barefoot! [LOL] this is where a good bottle of whiskey may come in handy

15. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Whisky?? Come on skeeter, you know there ain't no whisky in North Carolina....it's the moonshine state. [8D]

16. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Well-Known Member

So glad to hear that this pup will be home soon. I've been following this thread and wishing I lived closer so we could part of this awesome journey. Congrats to everyone who had a part in getting this done! Barefoot I am so happy for you! Enjoy your ntu camper and make lots of memories with your family.

17. adrianpglover

Status update:

My family had a great time at Txbum's yesterday eating fajitas, chicken, and sausage cooked on the grill and just hanging out. We have the little Starcraft safe and sound in our driveway, where it will wait for a few days until we can take it to Lafayette latter this week. The camper is in great condition for it's age and almost everything looks to be original. That being said, you'll want to check everything over when you get it. One thing Txbum pointed out is the propane lines look original. Please at least leak test it before connecting up a bottle. Wouldn't want this to turn into a different kind of story...

We're expecting some rain this week and as this isn't my camper I'm going to make sure and take better care of it than I do with my own, so I took the extra precaution of covering it with a tarp, just in case. The caulking looks a little old and cracked, and all I have in my garage is indoor caulk that wouldn't hold up for very long. Plus I won't have it long enough to do a good job on the caulking.

A few sneak peaks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Most excellent Adrian!! You have her all tucked in and even a hitch lock! Y'all rock!!

Did she pull ok? I can't wait for this weekend!!! She will meet her new family!!!

Congrats to Txbum & the Adrianpglover family!! Step 1 complete!!

Pam

19. adrianpglover

We also parked one of our cars to block it in. I lock the coupler on my camper when it's in a locked garage, but that's more to keep track of the lock than as antitheft.

It towed great. Never felt it behind the truck. It's nice and light.

20. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Adrian, be sure to take a photo of y'all with the camper!!

If you want to, send me a digital soon, and I'll print it up. I already have Txbums.

Take care!

[:D]