Washing canvas

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by ac1oz, May 3, 2015.

1. ac1oz

ac1oz New Member

What is the best way to wash your canvas

We got a new to us trailer and it needs to be washed inside and out (super dusty and smells musty.)

2. Luvin Life

Luvin Life Member

We use a bucket with woo lite and water to wash our canvas and it works well. We also always make sure to re waterproof areas where the water no longer beads up when we are rinsing the canvas off .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ktharmon1

ktharmon1 New Member

My husband and I just got a 93 Fleetwood. It hasn't been too loved so we needed to give it some TLC. When we opened it this past weekend, the canvas is in good shape but needed some cleaning. We went to a RV dealer and got a canvas cleaner. It works fantastic. They have similar brands to the one we got at WalMart. I am sure any canvas cleaner would be fine. We sprayed it on, scrubbed it with a soft floor brush, and then wiped off. Looks FANTASTIC! Just never use bleach. That is what I have heard and that is what the RV dealer told me.

4. ac1oz

ac1oz New Member

thanks! i will look for one.

my trailer is a 78 Lexair so it needs some love. haha