Washington State Park - Missouri

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by hanson1522, Apr 18, 2010.

1. hanson1522

hanson1522 Belleville, IL

Our first trip for 2010 is in the books. Thumbs up for Washington State Park in Missouri!

It's a nice, small campground with one loop of electric sites and a loop of non-electric sites. We stayed in site 21 (an electric site)...incidentally just a few doors down from CarNutCass!!! (Great meeting you guys, btw!) The camp hosts were awesome, and the sites were well maintained and spaced out nicely. Nice little playground, also. LOTS of kiddos on bikes making the rounds all weekend. [:D]

The restrooms and shower house left a little to be desired...but hey...they weren't pit toilets! :) So that's good enough for me. Honestly, we didn't use the shower house, so I can't attest to the quality of the showers. They did look like they needed a good scrub down with some CLR, though! (Just [2C] in case anyone from the Missouri Dept. of Natural Resources is interested in my opinion. [;)] )

For those of you in and around the St. Louis Metro, this is a short trip down south that is totally worth it. Right off of MO-21, just outside of De Soto. Lots of hills and rock outcroppings. The state park has it's own swimming pool just down the road from the campground, which in the summer months, would be great. Also down the road but still in the park was a nice spot with some river access, where, believe it or not, there were people actually SWIMMING this weekend.

Overall, I am giving Washington State Park 4 marshmallows out of 5. [:D]

~Erin

2. erich0521

erich0521 New Member

Good review Erin! Sounds good and I'm glad you had a nice time!

3. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

It was great meeting you guys. While camping you often meet nice people but now and then you run into a really cool family. We hope to camp with you guys in the near future.

For what it's worth, Washinton State Park is slated to have their showerhouse expanded and renovated.
    http://www.mostateparks.com/improvingparks.htm